Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Hello everyone, I've successfully completed my Hackintosh, but I'm running into a couple of issues, is there any way to virtualize on Ryzen in macOS? The only reason I'm asking in the first place is because Sims 4 and Sims 3 are necessarily native titles and might have some sort of emulation behind them. Thoughts?

Advertising

technicavivunt wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:24 pm
Hello everyone, I've successfully completed my Hackintosh, but I'm running into a couple of issues, is there any way to virtualize on Ryzen in macOS? The only reason I'm asking in the first place is because Sims 4 and Sims 3 are necessarily native titles and might have some sort of emulation behind them. Thoughts?
Hi, first, to gaming in mac is a joke, even in a real mac you will not have a good experience, that's why they allow with bootcamp to install windows, because they know the gaming is so bad, but there is another problems, real macs can't perform as good as the desktop equivalent, because the thermal throtlling kill the performance. In an Intel Hackintosh you can game a lot better than a real mac... I tested a lot, but windows has better performance, support, updates, graphics options, etc etc etc... and more games. I can't understand why you want to game in Mac OS, and with a AMD Hackintosh that is a joke my friend... even with an Intel Hackintosh or real Macintosh to emulate windows games is really hard,, with a Ryzen Hackintosh is kind of ridiculous.

My advice if you want to game, use windows... there is no reason to try to use a AMD Hackintosh because the processor patches at this point kills the video card performance, and games don't perform as a Intel Hackintosh, even in a Intel Hackintosh it is kind of ridiculous to gaming, OSX has no good support for games... they perform worst, they look worst, no that much updates, and sometimes not the sames graphics options as windows... they in the most of the cases have a downgrade to fit the graphics libraries of OSX...
Post Merged
In case you want to test, you can try Wine, WineHQ, Games on PlayOnMac, but there is a problem, because Apple doesn't support the lastest versions of OpenGL (they support until OpenGL 4.1) and they are using METAL, no Vulkan, no OpenGL 4.5, it is not possible to "emulate" DX11/DX12 instructions to OpenGL/Vulkan. And Metal is a closed box by Apple. You can use Proton in Linux, to run windows games in linux, the way it works is Proton translate DX11/DX12 callings to the OpenGL/Vulkan equivalent, because there is always a similar o equivalent call in both systems...

In case of Mac OS, the graphic callings translations is only possible until DX9, so only DX9 games can be run with Wine/PlayOnMac at this point. There is a Vulkan project to bring this great library to OSX. but knowing how close Apple is to other frameworks, maybe it would not have a good future, who knows I hope it does... because maybe Proton could be ported to Mac OS and we will able to run Windows Games in Mac OS like you can do it in Linux know... (of course not all games are supported in Proton, but day by day they improve the support a lot)...

@Shaneee , I am trying to install the waves plug[…]

Hey Guys, i need your help. i followed a guide fr[…]

[/quote] How do you like the Vega 56?[/quote] Oh[…]