Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: asdfasdfasa
Hello,

I am following this guide and I guess did everything correctly:
https://hack.slim.ovh/#/mojave/macOS/usb-2.md

I tried various bios settings, UEFI, USB, disabled everything else, but it won't boot from USB - no error messages, it just boots into windows from the SSD no matter what setting I have in the bios.

HW: ryzen 5 2600x, asrock b450m pro4
Post Merged
Ok I reinstalled everything and now it boots, but the following happens:

I get a text only Clover (no gui like on some youtube videos); I can choose to boot MacOs Mojave, and then some text appears and it stops after this:

Start FinalizeBootStruct
Start RandomSeed
End RandomSeed
+++++++++++++++++++++
Post Merged
I have found this explanation regarding memory mapping, as it seems that ram is not detected correctly:

https://hackintosher.com/forums/thread/ ... mbios.365/

But my settings (dual channel, g.skill, 8192mb, 2133mhz, slot count 4 and placement in slots 1 and 3) have no effect, same error :(
Post Merged
Ok I actived some more stuff in Clover and it now goes through a lot of text, and then loads the Darwin Kernel (version 10.6.0), the last message I see is

"locating kexts", then blue screen and instant reboot.

Any help appreciated.

Advertising

by: asdfasdfasa
thank you, will try :)
Post Merged
it worked with your guide Shaneee, thanks so much!!!
Shaneee liked this
by: Shaneee
What version of Clover are you using?
by: koreanseats
Shaneee wrote:What version of Clover are you using?
The latest version provided by GibMacos, I believe 5095. I followed the vanilla guide, however I believe I have messed up while trying to patch my config file. Is there a tutorial I can go by to understand how to properly patch my installer's kernel? I realize it says "Copy and Paste" into the config file, but I know its not that simple. Any help, please?
Use the provided config.plist for your platform and see if it boots rather than adding the patches to your config.
Shaneee wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:10 pm
Use the provided config.plist for your platform and see if it boots rather than adding the patches to your config.
That’s actually why I tried first, just replace the Config in the installers EFI partition correct? Also followed and made sure the correct drivers (memory fix, hfs, aptiodrivers) as shown in the tutorial.

I must be missing something I’ve started from scratch a dozen times with not being able to get past this RandomSeed issue.

I’ve even mapped memory manually with no luck. I’m going to try working EFI configs from people with the same hardware later today, but the vanilla method should work no problem, no?
What's the full version of the macOS installer you've downloaded?
Shaneee wrote:What's the full version of the macOS installer you've downloaded?
Shaneee wrote:What's the full version of the macOS installer you've downloaded?
The full installer was 10.13.6 gotten through GibMacOS and wrote to the usb with MakeInstall. Although some of the drivers needed weren't there by default (It instructs to delete all but 3) I made sure the most updated version of each was in the correct directory, including the complete config.plist downloaded from the official GitHub.

I haven't tried Mojave in this method yet, but plan to tonight. If not, I was going to give the Open Core method a shot with Catalina.

same issue here 2200g with vega 56 did anyone got […]

NVIDIA on highsierra

Hey guys , I made my first hackintosh yesterday an[…]

Ok so ethernet works, that's the most important th[…]

Hello, i follow the tutorials in this site (great […]