Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: motoxnate
Hello! I'm turning to the community for a little help as I have gotten pretty stuck trying to get OpenCore to work. I have a fair bit of experience with running macOS on AMD machines and I have a working version of Sierra running on my Ryzen machine, but I am trying to update to High Sierra for compatibility purposes, and decided this would be a good time to switch to OpenCore from Clover as well.

I ran through the whole guide on creating my config and set everything up as best I could. I added my drivers, kexts, kernel patches, and ACPI patches, but my boot is getting stuck right around PCI Configuration. It's been halting in varying spots depending on what I change, but all right around the beginning of PCI Config. This very last boot it says:

pci (build 23:01:50 Jun 21 2018), flags 0x20e3080
RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)
[

And thats where it halts. I will include all the information I possibly can that I think may be related and I appreciate your help!
To make it easier to help debug, I added my OC folder to a git repo: https://github.com/motoxnate/RyzenHighSierra-OpenCore

Hardware Specs:
Ryzen 7 1700x
ASUS X370 Pro Mobo
Corsair 16GB (2x8) DDR4 3200MHz
EVGA Black 1080Ti SC
Will be using my Toxic R9 280x if the Nvidia drivers are still not working.
Post Merged
In troubleshooting today I realized that when the boot freezes, my USB devices are going dark. I think there may be something wrong with ACHI or USB mapping.

I generated my SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-HPET.aml with SSDTime and I am using SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml from the OpenCore Vanilla Installation Guidehttps://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/openc ... s-settings that I have been following.

Maybe this will be helpful?

Advertising

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]