Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Hey all, this is my first post on the site as I've been working for the last couple of days on my first Hackintosh build and running into issues left and right, and I'm kind of at my wit's end. I'm running a Ryzen 5 1500x CPU, XFX Radeon R9 390 GPU, 16GB RAM, and an ASROCK AB350m Pro4 motherboard and trying to run Catalina on the newest version of OpenCore (0.5.5). My machine booted first try but I have unbelievably bad performance, aka very laggy windows and graphics, Safari works but the overall performance is unusable. I think the issue is that I'm running into issues spoofing my GPU, the R9 390. I've determined that I think my GPU isn't being read correctly because in System Information it said the display device was simply "AMD GPU" and that there was 7MB of VRAM on the GPU, and all of the issues I was having. I created and compiled the SSDT-GPU-SPOOF as described in the khronokernel guide with my ACPI path (`_SB_.PCIO.GPP8) to impersonate as the r9 390x, and now I'm not booting, I'm getting a kernel panic of "ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_SB.PCI0.GPP8], AE_ALREADY_EXISTS". I've attached my config.plist file and my SSDT-GPU-SPOOF.dsl and a picture of the specific error I'm getting on kernel panic. Any help would be much appreciated and I'll try anything!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertising

Matx board? Sleep and wake is fine?)

I am trying to resolve my sleep issues following t[…]

Speak to XLNC on the Discord. It's a non Zen issue[…]

Help booting Mojave installer

OpenCore supports all version of 10.13, 10.14 and[…]