Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: Marco Ledri
Hi all,
I am trying to install Catalina on my new system

Ryzen 3600
Asus ROG X570 Gaming
Crucial P1 M.2 500 GB SSD
Radeon RX 5700

using OpenCore. I followed the guide to the letter and also looked up some possible solutions but I never get through the booting and never reach the installer. I am always stuck on a message saying Previous shutdown cause: 5, which apparently it's only a message informing that the computer shut down correctly before, or?

Regardless, I am running out of ideas on how to proceed from here. Could anybody perhaps help? I attach here a picture from the boot screen and my EFI.
Photo 14-02-2020, 13 16 53.jpg
Photo 14-02-2020, 13 16 53.jpg (6.4 MiB) Viewed 1220 times
I don't know why the picture has been uploaded upside down, it's fine on my computer...

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 24 times

Advertising

There's a section about that in the vanilla guide, I suggest you check it out and try the solutions. Seems to be common for AMD systems.

https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/openc ... re-booting
I did try that, seems like my SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD is pointing to the right EC0...
Post Merged
I might have found the problem but for some reason I cannot re-compile the SSDT-EC-USBX.dsl or cannot open SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml with either iasl on Windows or MaciASL on my Mac.
Could anybody please modify the EC0 path to _SB.PCI0.SBRG, compile it and send it over to me? Thanks!
@Marco Ledri, Create your own EC SSDT with SSDTTime. This repo supports dumping the DSDT on Windows, https://github.com/IOIIIO/SSDTTime
I managed to get through that and installed the first part of Catalina. The system however now shuts down after rebooting before getting into the second part of the installation...
"I managed to get through that and installed the first part of Catalina. The system however now shuts down after rebooting before getting into the second part of the installation..."

Hi,
I'm having the same issue.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]