Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: Peartfan
Hello all~
I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could assist with Installing Catalina on an AMD platform? Running FX-8320 CPU, MSI 970A Krait Motherboard and AMD Raderon RX 580.

I have downloaded all the tools needed. I'm willing to work and learn or if you are feeling SUPER generous and want to build the EFI for me :thumbup: Can't seem to find a build guide for this setup.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers
Shane
Post Merged
Yes...I know I mispelled Radeon.....the wife was giving me dirty looks for spending a whole day on this! :lol:

Advertising

by: ben higham
@Peartfan, im knocking at this same door mate. i have the same build pretty much, fx 8350 same gpu, but sabertooth 99FX r.2 so let me know if you get it up and running :):):) :thumbup:
Post Merged
im already on high sierra, but the EFI I have does not work for Cataina for some reason.
Ben,
I have been working on it. I may have a long hill to climb still. I'm new to Hackintosh and have been getting into deep water. I have found some good build guides for Ryzen series but the FX seems harder to find. For now I am running Catalina in a VM and I can live with that (unless someone replies that can hold my hand through the process ) until my next build. I will definitely change over to Intel chipset with gigabyte motherboard so I have a fighting chance. I did a hackintosh on my faithful Thinkpad using Clover and it wasn't too bad but this OpenCore stuff is beyond me. Good luck buddy and if you get to a point to help, give me a holler!
by: Dhaniekonugroho
Hi, I have the pretty similar setup
AMD FX 8350, Asrock 970 (same chipset)
and Sapphire Radeon RX580

I have a working EFI for my setup. You can try it and see how it goes. I use OpenCore 0.5.7 (the latest one as I wrote this).
Simply copy the EFI folder to your USB installation and we can go from there.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RZZ4e ... YvXzoBIrKd

Thanks
Thanks! I'll try your EFI. Do I have to load it into config.plist with propertree?

I tried following vanilla guide. Built my own EFI and config.plist

Getting "cs: failed to parse dict field of type 0

I'm new to hackintosh. Probably a stupid mistake but can't find any Info on the error.

Thanks SO much for the reply. Will keep at it
Post Merged
@Dhaniekonugroho, I didn't get the chance to download your EFI : It's in your "Trash" in google drive. Could you post it up again? Thanks Buddy!!!
Attachments
20200425_210431.jpg
20200425_210431.jpg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 862 times
by: spykor
Dhaniekonugroho wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:52 am Hi, I have the pretty similar setup
AMD FX 8350, Asrock 970 (same chipset)
and Sapphire Radeon RX580

I have a working EFI for my setup. You can try it and see how it goes. I use OpenCore 0.5.7 (the latest one as I wrote this).
Simply copy the EFI folder to your USB installation and we can go from there.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RZZ4e ... YvXzoBIrKd

Thanks
Hey man, I tried to download the linked EFI file but I couldn't because it says that "The file is in owner's trash". Can you repost it? I have FX-6300 CPU on Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 mobo and I am having trouble with the installer (reach the Opencore menu but stuck there because I have no keyboard response).
I want to try you EFI to se if it works on my PC

thanks
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]