Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Well guys ,
Image after some time i got everything worked out. I use opencore, i'll find a working one from internet and configure for myself.

You all helped me out, especially shaneee your comment is so helpfull, you tired of telling clover is not working after 10.15.0 :). Maybe you should print it out on the vanilla tutorials. Probably you get stuck at valid slides ++++ section. If you are using upper version than 10.15, it is a must to use opencore.

I'll attach my opencore efi folder, probably it wont work for you, you should change by your needs don't forget that. You are all great, i love you guys. Have a great time, mery christmas ( who is related :))

EDIT: Dont forget to find latest version of everything. like whatevergreen , lilu, opencore etc.
Attachments
(840.63 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
screen.png
screen.png (82.94 KiB) Viewed 231 times

Advertising

Hi.

I used your EFI and it works perfectly, as I have an FX-8320.
I recently upgraded OC to 0.5.4 and Lilu and Whatevergreen to latest versions, and the boot speed increased a lot.

The only thing that doesn't work is App Store. It crashes every time I launc it. The strange thing is it worked perfectly with my previous graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 210). I replaced it with an Asus RX560 and now it crashes. I even tried to install all from scratch again, and App Store crashes from the first time.

Does your App Store work?
Glad to hear about your success. :thumbup: But there must be some kind of misunderstanding about Clover and 10.15+. Clover is working fine on my Catalina 10.15.1 for almost two months. So far so good.
You can check my build here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9533
Hi, i successfully installed Catalina 10.15.2 on my Computer using your OpenCore configuration (i know it's not good to take another person configuration but i need to learn more about opencore and, at the base i just wanted to test see if it boot and.. in fact, everything is working good, except my graphics card, OSX doesn't reconize it:

Here is my configuration :
CPU : AMD FX 8320
MB : Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P FX edition
GPU : Sapphire R9 290 - TRI-X
RAM : 16GB of 1333 DDR3
COOLER : Be Quiet Pure Rock!
CASE : Phantek P400
PSU : Coolermaster V750 (750W Gold, full modular)
SSD : Samsung SSD 850 EVO (250Gb)
HDD : Western Digital Blue (1 To)
HDD 2 : Toshiba (250 gb) ==> Catalina installed on it[
For what i see i need a fake ID to get my R9 290, but i don't understand what does it mean or what should i do ?
so i'm asking for your help :)

Thank you ^^
ec-blaster wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:17 am Hi.

I used your EFI and it works perfectly, as I have an FX-8320.
I recently upgraded OC to 0.5.4 and Lilu and Whatevergreen to latest versions, and the boot speed increased a lot.

The only thing that doesn't work is App Store. It crashes every time I launc it. The strange thing is it worked perfectly with my previous graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 210). I replaced it with an Asus RX560 and now it crashes. I even tried to install all from scratch again, and App Store crashes from the first time.

Does your App Store work?
Hello my friend, sorry i came here very less, i have seen your message now. Yes app sotre works like a charm. Now i'm upgrading to 10.15.4 , i hope it works :D
Post Merged
onizuka470 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:11 pm Hi, i successfully installed Catalina 10.15.2 on my Computer using your OpenCore configuration (i know it's not good to take another person configuration but i need to learn more about opencore and, at the base i just wanted to test see if it boot and.. in fact, everything is working good, except my graphics card, OSX doesn't reconize it:

Here is my configuration :
CPU : AMD FX 8320
MB : Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P FX edition
GPU : Sapphire R9 290 - TRI-X
RAM : 16GB of 1333 DDR3
COOLER : Be Quiet Pure Rock!
CASE : Phantek P400
PSU : Coolermaster V750 (750W Gold, full modular)
SSD : Samsung SSD 850 EVO (250Gb)
HDD : Western Digital Blue (1 To)
HDD 2 : Toshiba (250 gb) ==> Catalina installed on it[
For what i see i need a fake ID to get my R9 290, but i don't understand what does it mean or what should i do ?
so i'm asking for your help :)

Thank you ^^
I'll also start working with another ones config and modify it with incoming errors, it is a nice way if you are a newbie :)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]