Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
GonzagueGB wrote:PlistEdit Pro
@iGPU
Hello everyone, thanks for all the hard work!
I have a question since I am trying not to just replace my entire config.plist every time I need to fix something and would really like to learn more on how all of this works. How did you manage to get the Fenvi card working? wifi is working but BT is not.
I also want to experiment setting up the GPU the way you did but I think its best one step at a time. I need to take the time to re read the entire post since its a bit overwhelming for my level.
Thanks again!!!

Advertising

All,

Since I created this thread, let me add some brief comments:
  • If a Gigabyte X570 board with Thunderbolt support had been available earlier, I would have opted for it without question.
  • Because Gigabyte is formally releasing rev 1.1 X570 boards with Thunderbolt headers, I am very very interested in checking them out. I may purchase an entry-level board with a THB_C header.
  • I am at the point of completely giving up on ASRock's awful ACPI implementation.
  • It's been said that Gigabyte boards tend to be the most Hackintosh-friendly, and I'm beginning to see why. But I'll reserve judgement until getting my hands on a rev 1.1 board.
Post Merged
hoopoedigital wrote:
GonzagueGB wrote:PlistEdit Pro
@iGPU
Hello everyone, thanks for all the hard work!
I have a question since I am trying not to just replace my entire config.plist every time I need to fix something and would really like to learn more on how all of this works. How did you manage to get the Fenvi card working? wifi is working but BT is not.
I also want to experiment setting up the GPU the way you did but I think its best one step at a time. I need to take the time to re read the entire post since its a bit overwhelming for my level.
Thanks again!!!
If your motherboard has on-board WiFi/Bluetooth, we need to disable the USB port on which Bluetooth is connected. Then the Fenvi's Bluetooth module will take over. To disable on-board Bluetooth in macOS, we usually:

1. Identify the USB port on which it's connected. This is done by running IORegistryExplorer and looking through all of the USB controllers: XHC, XHC0, XHC1, etc.
2. Once we've found the internal USB port, we either create a SSDT to disable that port or, if we are using USBPorts.kext, we omit that port from USBPorts.kext.
Hi Guys
So after much more time than I thought, I finally managed to finish my build and have a fresh install of Mojave running on AMD 3950X. Everything I've tested until now seems working fine minus some small issues I'll detailed below but first I wanted to thanks again everybody on this board and specially iGpu and CaseyJ. Between the repo and your advices, I was able to do a AMD Hackintosh install with zero prior knowledge and (almost) pain free.
On my issues:
- I haven't tried any Thunderbolt devices yet but I tried to use a usb-c drive and it didn't mount when plugged to the MB. The weird thing is that it mount correctly when connected to the USB-C port of my case (NZXT H510). I tried different cable or drives, hot plug or plugged before boot and nothing worked, impossible to have it mount when connected to any of the 2 TB port.
- When I tried to modify the ssdt for the nvme drive and put mine (Intel 660p) instead of the default Corsair one, the drive ended up appearing as an external. When I put back the original ssdt, everything works fine and the drive appear internal as it should.
- Sleep and Waking up appeared to work at first but when it goes to sleep, I can see the fan keep working and the MB acting like it's turning on and off at regular interval.
- At last, for a small contribution, it seems the Auto+TB-CSM preset uploaded on the repo for the motherboard have CSM enabled while in the instructions, it's advised to disable it. Maybe iGpu will want to change that (apology if it's not a mistake, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all of this)
Thanks in advance for any help I can get to resolve these small issues. I hope everybody stay safe during these crazy times.

EDIT 03/29: So I made some tests with a Cabledigit Thunderbolt 3 Hub and Samsung T5 Usb-C drive and this is what I get:
- When SSDT-X570-Cr-TB3-BuiltIn is enabled and SSDT-X570-Cr-TB3-basic disabled; TB drivers are loaded and System Information shows "No Hardware Found". The CableDigit hub doesn't work and USB-C drive doesn't mount. I also have to turn off the computer via the case when I shut down if I want to shut it down completely. The system shut down fine but but the hardware is still on (Fans turning, Light on...)
- When Builtin is Disabled and Basic enabled, Systeme Informations shows "No Drivers are loaded". The Usb-C drive mount fine and the system and hardware shut down properly.
I really wonder what I'm doing wrong and any help would be welcome
Last edited by SCOUBIDOU on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
@CaseySJ Is there any chance that we will ever get Hot-Plug working on the X570 Creator? Or are we going to be stuck at booting with the device already inserted?
BTW has anyone checked how the built-in TB3 works on the new ASRock X299 Creator (yeah I know it’s Intel) and if it behaves well on OS X? Maybe we can extrapolate some interesting conclusions from that and apply that to the X570 Creator?
@agent2,

I haven't given up on the X570 Creator yet, but I find myself hesitant to flash its on-board Thunderbolt chip after having damaged an Asus ThunderboltEX-3 add-in-card. I'm hoping @iGPU will be our guinea pig for this. :) So far (according to iGPU) the firmware I modified for the X570 Creator has established only a partial Thunderbolt Bus.
I encountered a bigger issue that prevent me to work.
The Foundry Nuke is crashing at startup. It actually start, shows the GUI but then I get the rainbow wheel and have to force quit
The software is running fine under the same system (Mojave 10.14.6) on my Macbook Pro 2018 with a radeon RX560
Does anybody have any clue what can cause this ?
I understand this thread is about the X570 Creator build but I thought maybe it has something to do with me messing up the install.
It could very well be that the developer is using an Intel only compiler to compile the app, thus leaving us (rysentosh) out of the equation. That has happened to me with a couple of audio plugins. I contacted the developer, and he indeed was compiling with Intel only compilers and had no intention of using a more universal option :(
@DREnan
But it would not launch at all if that was the case no ? Here I manage to have the gui appearing first before it crashes. I can even click to answer and close a data collection window the soft is opening on first launch. And it writes its answer in its preferences because I don't see this window appearing when I try to relaunch it after force quit.
CaseySJ wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:26 pm All,

Since I created this thread, let me add some brief comments:
  • If a Gigabyte X570 board with Thunderbolt support had been available earlier, I would have opted for it without question.
  • Because Gigabyte is formally releasing rev 1.1 X570 boards with Thunderbolt headers, I am very very interested in checking them out. I may purchase an entry-level board with a THB_C header.
  • I am at the point of completely giving up on ASRock's awful ACPI implementation.
  • It's been said that Gigabyte boards tend to be the most Hackintosh-friendly, and I'm beginning to see why. But I'll reserve judgement until getting my hands on a rev 1.1 board.
I checked with Gigabyte and they told me that Thunderbolt 3 won’t be supported until rev 1.2 mb...

:silent:

SORRY... I just looked at the Gigabyte website and now they ARE saying 1.1 is compatible with theIr Titans-Ridge AIC! I am returning the ASRock Taichi and its thunderbolt AIC and replacing with Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master and their thunderbolt AIC.

That is what I originally ordered and returned when I was told BY GIGABYTE SUPPORT that it would not be compatible until rev 1.2!

What a mess this has been for me :?
Last edited by mowner on Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaseySJ liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]