Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
@CaseySJ, Really appreciate your great help!

I followed your advice, found it is under PRT6, then I mounted EFI on Mac HD, deleted old EFI, unmounted, then copy and paste the new EFI (with edited config.plist and SSDT-ASROCK-X570-NO-BT-PRT6.aml in the folder) to the EFI partition; and restart. But no luck, the built-in BT is still there.

I edited config.plist using Xcode.

Pls kindly look at my config.plist and IORegistry ; anything wrong with my seting?
Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 2.10.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 2.10.06 PM.png (736.79 KiB) Viewed 151 times
Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 2.11.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 2.11.44 PM.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 151 times
Thank you again!

Advertising

@tonyz,

Looks like your motherboard uses XHC instead of XHC0. So please try the attached version of the SSDT (same name as before so you don't have to modify OpenCore config.plist).

If this still fails, it means I don't have the right PCI path. That is easy to fix, but I will need the IOReg file (from IORegistryExplorer, select File --> Save As..., and post that file). Again, this is ONLY needed if attached file does not work.
Attachments
(726 Bytes) Downloaded 10 times
@CaseySJ,

Unfortunately, the latest one did not work. pls kindly see attached IOReg file.

Thank you so so much! You saved me! The BT is the last thing not working
(4.94 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
tonyz wrote:@CaseySJ,

Unfortunately, the latest one did not work. pls kindly see attached IOReg file.

Thank you so so much! You saved me! The BT is the last thing not working
(868 Bytes) Downloaded 9 times
The PCI path is actually correct so let's do this:
1. Mount the EFI partition and delete the existing SSDT-ASROCK-X570-NO-BT-PRT6.aml.
2. Empty the trash.
3. Now download and copy the attached file into the same OpenCore "ACPI" folder. Be sure to unzip it first.
4. Reboot and check if PRT6 has disappeared from IORegistryExplorer.

If PRT6 is still there, please download and run MaciASL from here:
https://github.com/acidanthera/MaciASL/releases

Then select File --> New from ACPI. Do you see a submenu containing btoff as shown:
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 2.54.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 2.54.44 PM.png (145.45 KiB) Viewed 139 times
@CaseySJ

You are so kind! Thank you so >100 much!!! My BT works!

I followed your instruction exacty and magic happened!!!

After I restarted, I noticed that BT had some change; that I had Turn off function; and it had a device. But I cannot get it connected.
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 3.58.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 3.58.04 PM.png (174.53 KiB) Viewed 135 times
I turned off BT; but could not turn on again.
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 3.59.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 3.59.05 PM.png (137.02 KiB) Viewed 135 times
I restarted again.

And BT functions as magic!Apple Keyboard,Trackpad, Mouse, Airdrop all work fine.
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 4.12.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 4.12.36 PM.png (2.91 MiB) Viewed 135 times

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 4.33.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 4.33.57 PM.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 135 times
re
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 4.36.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 4.36.58 PM.png (617.46 KiB) Viewed 135 times
Do you have any idea why Audio/Mic/Camera/USB hub on LG 5K only work after cold start (not working on restart; only monotor works.)?

Again, thank you so so much! @CaseySJ
Hey guys!
I'm chiming in here because I'm having the exact same problem as Tony. During my first week with this MoBo (X570 Creator) I could even use the Intel BT OOB, no AirportFixup etc or other BT patches necessary. Then, one day, it just stopped working. As the onboard AX Wifi didn't work anyway, I bought a Fenvi FT-919 combo PCIe card. Installed it, used the MoBo USB-Header for the BT connection. Wifi and BT worked OOB with all the good stuff, Airdrop, Handoff etc. :clap: Then, after a couple of days, BT stopped working again! :crazy: As with TonyZ, I saw the BT symbol and the BT device correctly shown under system info, but wasn't able to connect devices. I thought this was happening due to an incorrect USB mapping so the internal USB port was somehow omitted. After using @CaseySJs XHC SSDT, I can finally see XHC, XHCI and XHC2 and I thought my problems were solved because BT worked again, for several days (including shutdown and reboots). Today, I switched on the :silent: machine and BT doesn't work AGAIN! I tried experimenting with all the available BCRM patches but with no result.

One thing I noticed: I'm using Apple keyboard and mouse. When the Fenvi card is working correctly, I can use these devices during boot for the OC picker and within the BIOS, so before any OS gets loaded. But during some boots, I'm unable to use the keyboard via BT and that's exactly, when there is no connection happening in MacOS. Does this give you a clue @CaseySJ? I think this was the same with the internal Intel BT. To me it seems that the MoBo doesn't enable BT "legacy support" (can't remember what it's called) correctly during boot and therefore, MacOS can't use it..

Regarding the TB issue, I can use TB for my TB3 Drobo 5D3 but without hot-plug of course. I found a guide which explains how to patch the BIOS with the AMIBCP software (Windows needed) to show more options in the BIOS for Thunderbolt to enable hotplugging, but unfortunately the software doesn't show ANY Thunderbolt options to activate at all. I'm still investigating.

BTW @CaseySJ you're really doing some great work here, thanks a lot! Any way to support you somehow?
IORegNoBT.png
IORegNoBT.png (328.35 KiB) Viewed 129 times
While the BT doesn't work, IOReg only shows a generic IOUSBHost device and not the full name Broadcom etc etc... edit: actually, this is not entirely true. The BT controller shows up correctly in IOReg, but no device connects. After clicking on the BT icon and turning BT off and then on again, IOReg shows the generic device.

edit: Signature with build info attached, picture of IOreg attached
Post Merged
Ok, this is weird.. I just noticed, that AirDrop actually works. I'm still unable to connect BT devices like keyboard, mouse or AirPods. As AirDrop works, Bluetooth MUST work somehow, because AirDrop uses BT to locate devices that are close and initiates a connection to create an adhoc wifi network which then transports the files. :think:
Hi @amdpush!
I have to say, this machine runs as stable as my real Macs. I had some trouble installing (couldn't get Clover to even boot the macOS installer, so I'm using OpenCore) and it took me multiple tries to successfully install macOS, because the USB port(s) with the installer stick kept disconnecting during install, crashing the installation. But after I had a successful run-through, everything was working very nicely.
This is my first Hackintosh, I almost exclusively used Mac Pros and MacBook Pros before and now I feel almost confident to switch over to the Ryzen build for my studio computer. I'm a freelance filmmaker, so I mostly edit video footage and audio and I'm using this machine for my latest project with DaVinci Resolve 16.1, Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X without any problems.
Yesterday, I got my BT devices connected again - I booted into Windows to look if I could connect them there and noticed a weird "Bluetooth Host device" in my BT device list in Windows. I cleared out the listed devices completely and was able to connect my keyboard and mouse again. Since then, I can use both again in macOS and even during the boot process and inside the BIOS. I hope it stays like this, but as I have remapped my XHC controllers I hope that everything should be fine. Long story short, everything works, even Thunderbolt (only without hotplug support). I use two 4k DELL P2715Q displays connected via Displayport. The most important thing for me was the mentioned remapping of the XHC controllers (I attached it below, thanks to @CaseySJ) because this MB has two controllers that are named XHC0 which conflict with each other. That caused USB devices to get disconnected every now and then without warning. After using the SSDT I have "XHCI", "XHC" and "XHC2" and everything works just fine.
I guess the controller named "XHC" only seems to be controlling internal ports if any, because I mapped all external ports and the internal USB2 port for the BT card and the "XHC" never showed used ports. I couldn't map the internal ports yet because I'm using a very old case (which doesn't have the needed connectors) which should soon be replaced by a Dune Pro case (Mac Pro 2019 fake for PC hardware). I hope they can deliver soon, given Coronavirus and all.

I'm suspecting that ASRock uses the same XHC layout for all their X570 motherboards, regardless of the real number of ports on the board. I'm using the MacPro7,1 personality and I will post pictures of my kexts and drivers folder down below, I'm using all latest available versions. I installed 10.15.2 directly and didn't do the update to 10.15.3 just yet. No port limit patch is necessary. I should also add that I added a second NVME SSD (SanDisk Extreme Pro, which was the only one quickly available to me at the time) to install Windows on. That way I can dual boot from OC without Windows overwriting my EFI folder. I also never saw my NVME devices disconnecting as someone mentioned earlier. So my Force MP600 SSD only holds macOS and the SanDisk only holds Windows. I installed Windows first, then macOS. That way, OC recognizes the Windows partition as "BOOTCAMP" and you always have a backup OS to work from. I also disabled the MB Wifi and BT in the BIOS and installed everything with CSM disabled and "above 4G encoding" enabled.
drivers-folder.png
drivers-folder.png (32.81 KiB) Viewed 95 times
kext-folder.png
kext-folder.png (98.8 KiB) Viewed 95 times
current versions:
OC 0.55
Lilu 1.4.1
Whatevergreen 1.3.6
VirtualSMC 1.1.1
Smalltreeintel82576 1.0.6
AppleALC 1.4.6
Attachments
(1008 Bytes) Downloaded 11 times
Last edited by teseraph on Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
amdpush liked this
teseraph wrote:Hi @amdpush!
I'm suspecting that ASRock uses the same XHC layout for all their X570 motherboards, regardless of the real number of ports on the board. I'm using the MacPro7,1 personality and I will post pictures of my kexts and drivers folder down below, I'm using all latest available versions. I installed 10.15.2 directly and didn't do the update to 10.15.3 just yet. No port limit patch is necessary.
I've the AsRock X570 ITX and it has the same controller layout, but apparently the ports are connected differently. I have 4 USB 2 Ports (including the internal header), 2 USB 3 Ports and the USB Type-C Port on the "XHC" controller. The USB 2 and USB 3 personalities of the physical ports are connected to different controllers at times.
Apophis wrote: I've the AsRock X570 ITX and it has the same controller layout, but apparently the ports are connected differently. I have 4 USB 2 Ports (including the internal header), 2 USB 3 Ports and the USB Type-C Port on the "XHC" controller. The USB 2 and USB 3 personalities of the physical ports are connected to different controllers at times.
That's exactly what I mean. ASRock seems to connect the physical ports differently for every MB as needed but they are keeping the XHC controllers the same, probably due to the AMD X570 chipset design.

I would also like to add that I'm NOT using Adobe software on this Hackintosh. I have Adobe Cloud installed because I need the fonts, but I'm not using Lightroom, Photoshop or Premiere on this system. I'll probably set them up under Windows rather than fiddling around with the Adobe patches. IF the rumors are true and Apple starts to implement basic support for AMD APUs, there might be a chance to use Adobe products with a lot less pain on AMD Hackintoshes.
amdpush liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]