Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Hey All,

Just finished my fist AMD Ryzentosh build and thought I'd share :)

Following on the heels of others who have used this board, I read and followed several different topics. I originally tried to use OpenCore but could not get the system to boot the installer properly. After switching to Clover I was able to see more information and troubleshoot the issue and bios settings - may plan is to have another go at OC now that I have fully working system. As noted below, I'm unable to maintain a high color depth AND get my ultra wide monitor working at 3440x1440 above 30hz. This worked perfectly when this same video card was installed in my 2010 Mac Pro so the block has got to be something happening in WhateverGreen. Open to any thoughts anyone has. I'd also love to get hardware monitoring and sleep working if anyone has any ideas!

Special Notes:
1. I purchased a Fenvi T919 [https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VC ... UTF8&psc=1] board from Amazon for native bluetooth support.
2. The onboard Bluetooth is seen by MacOS and must be disabled/blocked in order for the Fenvi card to work. I've attached a .aml file that "should" work on other PRO WIFI boards.
3. Others are using alcid=7 for the ALC setup but after much digging I found that alcid=28 gives access to all 7 channels and as a bonus the line out works as the default output in both Windows and MacOS (shows up as Internal Speakers in MacOS).
4. My EFI folder is attached, HOWEVER, it has been sanitized meaning that my serial number, uuid, etc have all been removed and those values will need to be re-recreated using Clover Configurator or some other method before the config.plist can be used.

Attachments
  • EFI.zip = My full EFI folder minus the Clover files (currently using Clover 5100)
  • config.plist.zip = My sanitized config.plist file
  • SSDT-GIGABYTE-X570-NO-BT.zip = A .aml file for disabling the USB port the onboard bluetooth is plugged into. This should be placed in the ACPI/patched folder for Clover.
System config
  • Bios Version: F10
  • XMP: Enabled
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 970 Evo M.2
  • Product Name: iMacPro1,1
Bios Settings:
  • SVM: Enabled
  • Above 4G Decoding: Disabled
  • CSM: Disabled
What works
  • Native Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Wifi
  • AirDrop
  • Handoff
  • USB 2.0 and USB 3.1
  • Ethernet
  • NVMe (both slots)
What does not work
  • Sleep
  • Hardware sensors
  • Cannot get DisplayPort output above 30Hz and maintain high bit color
Kexts
  • AppleALC.kext
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • SMCProcessor.kext
  • SMCSuperIO.kext
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
  • VirtualSMC.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
Drivers
  • ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  • AppleImageCodec.efi
  • AppleKeyAggregator.efi
  • AppleUITheme.efi
  • AptioInputFix.efi
  • AptioMemoryFix.efi
  • AudioDxe.efi
  • DataHubDxe.efi
  • EnglishDxe.efi
  • FirmwareVolume.efi
  • FSInject.efi
  • NvmExpressDxe.efi
  • PartitionDxe.efi
  • Ps2MouseDxe.efi
  • SMCHelper.efi
  • UsbKbDxe.efi
  • UsbMouseDxe.efi
  • VBoxExt4.efi
  • VBoxHfs.efi
  • VirtualSmc.efi
Boot Args:
-v npci=0x2000 debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 alcid=28 -igfxnohdmi -rad24 agdpmod=pikera
Attachments
(860 Bytes) Downloaded 363 times
(5.04 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
(6.42 MiB) Downloaded 535 times
gopal334, TerraCai, Apophis and 1 others liked this

Advertising

Thanks for sharing !

I have a fairly similar build using a 3700X on X570 with a 5700 XT.

I had too many problems with OC and gave up. Last time I tried clover it didn't support 10.15.1 yet and I learned that after 30 hours of trying.

I followed a recent video guide that was very nice and made the installation. Most things seems to work but I have no video output from my display port and my second monitor has pink and red stripes all over it.
The tutorial said I had to remove WEG else you get a black screen and indeed I cannot boot with WEG. But at the same time, I feel having WEG could solve my issues maybe?

I feel maybe trying some of your boot args could work maybe with WEG?

I just don't understand how it works. When I go into Clover config and add boot arguments I get a new config.plist but I already bricked 2 installations trying to mess with it. I copy/pasted the "agdpmod = pikera " line into my existing config.plist but it just bricked my boot and I had to reinstall.

If you have the time I would really appreciate some help !

Thanks
Thanks for Sharing!

I have a similar config (Aorus x570 Ultra) that works well except for bluetooth keyboard that is working but lagging and acting weird. Using apple magic keyboard and PCIe Broadcom card that worked perfectly out of the box on another Hackintosh (intel z390 based), Any idea what could be going on? Thanks,
Flowism wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:37 am I feel maybe trying some of your boot args could work maybe with WEG?

I just don't understand how it works. When I go into Clover config and add boot arguments I get a new config.plist but I already bricked 2 installations trying to mess with it. I copy/pasted the "agdpmod = pikera " line into my existing config.plist but it just bricked my boot and I had to reinstall.
When you open Clover Configurator are you first opening/loading your existing config.plist or just modifying the options and saving a new one? Also, what video card do you have? I'm fairly certain WEG is required but you have to make sure it's a recent version (1.3.5 at the minimum for 10.15.1) or else you get the black screen. The boot arg for pikera is specific to WEG and puts it into a particular mode that works with AMD Polaris cards.

Ed
Post Merged
Samlll42 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:15 pm Thanks for Sharing!

I have a similar config (Aorus x570 Ultra) that works well except for bluetooth keyboard that is working but lagging and acting weird. Using apple magic keyboard and PCIe Broadcom card that worked perfectly out of the box on another Hackintosh (intel z390 based), Any idea what could be going on? Thanks,
Have you disabled the x570's onboard bluetooth yet? If not it is most likely causing issues. Per @dmcyk above my ACPI patch worked for disabling the onboard Bluetooth on his Aorus Ultra too so you may want to give that a shot and see what happens.

Ed
hi,

Thank you for sharing! :thumbup: :thumbup:
It also works on my Hackintosh. (Ryzen 3700X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus pro wifi, Asus Rx 480, 10.15, Clover 5096)

System config
Bios Version: F10
XMP: Enabled
Boot Drive: Samsung 970 Evo plus M.2
Product Name: iMac19,2 (my AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext doesn't work... do you have any idea?)

small open issue
Audio output switches to headphone when startup
Post Merged
well, I upgraded the clover to v5202 and use alcid=7. Now everything works fine!
Thanks again for sharing!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]