Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.

Advertising

CaseySJ wrote:
manoueltiger wrote:Hey guys !

Nice to see this thread !
i was looking for that since 3 months !

You are all talking about the x570 creator and taichi but... what about the pro4 ?

I have the x570m pro4 and I can use the thunderbolt AIC from asrock there is a TB connector on the board !
I don’t have a TB3 monitor so I wanted to know if someone tried with the pro4 !

Just one more thing, the gigabyte thunderbolt card works on a asrock mobo :wtf:
Hello manoueltiger

The ASRock X570 Pro 4 is similar in many ways to the X570 Taichi. Gigabyte's GC-Alpine Ridge and GC-Titan Ridge will work on both boards, but without hotplug capability. If LG UltraFine 5K works on X570 Taichi with Thunderbolt Add-in-Card, then it will also work on X570 Pro 4.
ah many thanks dude !
I will try soon ;)
Hi CaseySJ,

I've been working on this mobo (and some on the X299 and Z390 Desginare builds too) to get the TB working. However, the work revealed other TB problems.

While I've not been consistent with getting TB3 to work on the X570 Creator, I have found the bulk of the problems with overall system stability seem to be due to problems with UAD TB drivers. My main usage for the TB3 was to use the UAD Apollo unit (my son does a lot of music mixing through his own Apollo unit). He was complaining about very laggy Logic Pro X when using many tracks; he is using a Z390 Designare Hackintosh. I did a few adjustments but he still complained. I then began my own documentary movie project combing Logic Pro X and Davinci Resolve. I had random crashes. It was so bad on both Intel and AMD builds that simply plugging a USB-C drive into the TB port would crash the computer.

At the same time, I was having booting problems on the ASRock X570 Creator. All of these led me to remove the UAD drivers and buy a USB-based audio interface. I ended up with an Audient iD44 (while I didn't need 4 inputs—2 would have been sufficient), the iD44 has USB-3, while the others in their lineup seem to use a USB-2 plug.

Anyhow, after removing all UAD kexts and files (some are in the /S/L/E folder and Preferences folders—I had to hunt them down manually as one SSD was so corrupted by the crashes that it wouldn't boot and I was unable to use the UAD un-install app). Now, all systems (both Intel and AMD) seem very stable. So no more UAD for me. While I like their plug-ins, I don't like their TB drivers. (This may be something for you to be aware of in your Designare thread when people complain of laggy response, problems waking from the screen saver and sudden crashes. Even though I had no UAD device connected, the presence of the UAD drivers made everything unstable.)

Personally, I only use a 4K monitor and so don't need TB for a 5K monitor or anything else. So my mobo requirements just became greatly simplified.

A side benefit of removing the UAD drivers was again seeing all of the various USB ports available on this mobo. Attached is the Hackintools report. There are XHC1, XHC2, XHCI, and XHC3 (the latter not visible on the attachment; it is associated with ASM2142 USB 3.1 Host Controller). I knew I'd initially seen all these USB branches after the first boot on this mobo, but then they disappeared. It was because of my installing the UAD drivers.

Attached below is an image of the USB ports on the rear panel. (I've not fully tested the internal headers.)

On other fronts, I've found that there are no EC or EC0 files (at least none associated with PNP0C09: no PNP0C09 in the DSDT file. (I'm attaching the DSDT OEM files created by using F4 during a Clover boot). However, I did see a _SB.PCI0.LPC0.EC0 in the SSDT-5-AmdTable file, but it does not show up in the DSDT file or in IORegistryExplorer. I made an SSDT file for it (included in a new EFI folder upload; I'll delete the one from the earlier post), but enabling it or disabling it seems to have no effect. At least on this mobo, renaming EC or EC0 seems unnecessary.

The OpenCore EFI folder has no SNs and is set up for an iMacPro1,1. The Devices Properties does have descriptors for an RX580 GPU, so if you have a different GPU, you can change this section using data from Hackintools. This EFI works with both Mojave and Catalina. OC is v054. I'm still using BIOS v2.01 (beta) from this post (viewtopic.php?p=52968#p52968) using the modified logo.

UPDATED EFI (1/3/20)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CaseySJ, MediaGary liked this
I have almost the same setup iGPU. However, I have a few minor issues I'd like to see if I could get help resolving.

1) The default audio out device always reverts back to Headphone after every reboot. I've followed all the instructions I can find on how to reset all the audio preferences hoping that would help. But, for now my solution is to use a login script to set to the appropriate device.

2) The bluetooth on my Fenvi FV-T1919 doesn't connect to devices it sees. It also doesn't turn back on once turned off - only a reboot will turn it back on. I have an Fenvi FV-HB1200 that works not problems. Interestingly in IORegistryExplorer the bluetooth on both models looks exactly the same and the T1919 works just fine in another build. There's a reddit post, in this thread, with a build using the t1919 on this board, the only difference is Clover instead of OC.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
CaseySJ wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:45 pm Of course, if all the PCIe slots are full or inaccessible, then BCM94352Z is the way to go!
There's also another way to use 94360CD: https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/com ... _ax200_to/

I am very surprised now well this went and how it works out of the box on X570 ITX/TB3. I disabled on-board Bt in the BIOS and without any USB mapping or any additional kexts I have wifi working great, Bt too, AirDrop, unlocking macOS via AppleWatch. The linked card + miniPCIe riser combo is spot-on.

BTW, TB3 port on this ASRock board (X570 ITX/TB3) is more or less useless, in both Windows and macOS. I don't know if it's something with my specimen or it's generally just don't working. Not able to boot from the port, on various BIOS versions it's simply not working in both OSes (attached disks never appear) etc. I am really disappointed with it.
Post Merged
CaseySJ wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:14 pm I also downloaded and installed a newer Intel Thunderbolt driver (newer than the version on ASRock website) hoping that it would help to activate the card in macOS if I did a warm boot from Windows back to macOS.
Can you tell me where did you find it? Windows Update tells me there is nothign newer and I could not find anything on Intel's site.
Post Merged
Many thanks @iGPU for this detailed report and your configuration.
iGPU wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:25 am A side benefit of removing the UAD drivers was again seeing all of the various USB ports available on this mobo. Attached is the Hackintools report. There are XHC1, XHC2, XHCI, and XHC3 (the latter not visible on the attachment; it is associated with ASM2142 USB 3.1 Host Controller). I knew I'd initially seen all these USB branches after the first boot on this mobo, but then they disappeared. It was because of my installing the UAD drivers.
This is really interesting. For my X570 board, Hackintool also shows just XHC1 and other two both (XHC0) are not showing app. Even after applying SSDT-XHC.aml (pretty much identical to yours) it still shows just XHC1. I don't have UA gear thus no drivers, but I wonder what could be the reason. (I always thought it's Hackintool being Intel-oriented).
iGPU wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:25 am The OpenCore EFI folder has no SNs and is set up for an iMacPro1,1. The Devices Properties does have descriptors for an RX580 GPU, so if you have a different GPU, you can change this section using data from Hackintools. This EFI works with both Mojave and Catalina. OC is v054. I'm still using BIOS v2.01 (beta) from this post (viewtopic.php?p=52968#p52968) using the modified logo.
What is the reason to add all those Device Properties? I only have one for Realtek audio so AppleALC work - what do the other ones enable?
@iGPU,
i used to boot my X570 CREATOR with NVIDIA GT210 with clover and InjectNvidia=True (I installed kext for it from someone who made a package on github)
without InjectNVidia=True Property in config.plist of the clover i was getting black screen the GT210 HDMI

my question is:

How do i do the same as the InjectNvidia=True on the clover does on your opencore package?

to be able to boot with your open core package and my gt210

thanks
Post Merged
I attach here my clover x570 creator files as I see users that like me unable to boot with iGPU OpenCore EFI Folder,

I use X570 Creator with NVIDIA GeForce GT210 and Edimax 7822ulc usb mini wifi dongle, which works but not good as it worked on my Z390 Designare Hackintosh Build
I'm on Catalina

not all my USB ports works
the 2 USB 3.0 on top -Works
the 2 Front USB 3.0 Works
and I think the 2 Bottom USB 3.0 works as well but I'm not sure
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kave Man wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:27 pm I have almost the same setup iGPU. However, I have a few minor issues I'd like to see if I could get help resolving.

1) The default audio out device always reverts back to Headphone after every reboot. I've followed all the instructions I can find on how to reset all the audio preferences hoping that would help. But, for now my solution is to use a login script to set to the appropriate device.
I experience this problem as well with OpenCore on 10.15.2, but not with Clover on 10.15.1 if I remember correctly. Just updated OpenCore to 0.5.4, but problem remains.
2) The bluetooth on my Fenvi FV-T1919 doesn't connect to devices it sees. It also doesn't turn back on once turned off - only a reboot will turn it back on. I have an Fenvi FV-HB1200 that works not problems. Interestingly in IORegistryExplorer the bluetooth on both models looks exactly the same and the T1919 works just fine in another build. There's a reddit post, in this thread, with a build using the t1919 on this board, the only difference is Clover instead of OC.
Have you tried disabling the USB port on which built-in Bluetooth is attached? Alternatively, someone suggested disabling on-board Bluetooth in BIOS. That would be an easy thing to try, but would prevent on-board Bluetooth from being used in Windows.
CaseySJ wrote:I experience this problem as well with OpenCore on 10.15.2, but not with Clover on 10.15.1 if I remember correctly. Just updated OpenCore to 0.5.4, but problem remains.
My fix was to install SwitchAudioSource via brew: brew install switchaudio-osx
Then create an app using Automator to execute the following:
SwitchAudioSource -t output -s 'Built-in Speaker'
CaseySJ wrote:Have you tried disabling the USB port on which built-in Bluetooth is attached? Alternatively, someone suggested disabling on-board Bluetooth in BIOS. That would be an easy thing to try, but would prevent on-board Bluetooth from being used in Windows.
I tried that, it didn't seem to work. But, I might try again as I could have made an error with my SSDT. Onboard Bluetooth setting in BIOS is disabled.

Thanks for your comments @CaseySJ
Kave Man wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:33 am
CaseySJ wrote:I experience this problem as well with OpenCore on 10.15.2, but not with Clover on 10.15.1 if I remember correctly. Just updated OpenCore to 0.5.4, but problem remains.
My fix was to install SwitchAudioSource via brew: brew install switchaudio-osx
Then create an app using Automator to execute the following:
SwitchAudioSource -t output -s 'Built-in Speaker'
CaseySJ wrote:Have you tried disabling the USB port on which built-in Bluetooth is attached? Alternatively, someone suggested disabling on-board Bluetooth in BIOS. That would be an easy thing to try, but would prevent on-board Bluetooth from being used in Windows.
I tried that, it didn't seem to work. But, I might try again as I could have made an error with my SSDT. Onboard Bluetooth setting in BIOS is disabled.

Thanks for your comments @CaseySJ
I remind myself to post my USB SSDT here. It's very simple one that simply disables one USB -- the port connected to built-in Bluetooth.

Matx board? Sleep and wake is fine?)

I am trying to resolve my sleep issues following t[…]

Speak to XLNC on the Discord. It's a non Zen issue[…]

Help booting Mojave installer

OpenCore supports all version of 10.13, 10.14 and[…]