Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: kwankiu
I am happy to say that I got a success on editing the cpu name from 6-core intel core i5 to AMD Ryzen !

If you are using Clover,
it seems to be displayed as 'unknown' !

If you are using OpenCore,
it seems to be displayed as '6 Core Intel Core i5' !

To edit the cpu name, u will need :
- BBEdit (orginally called textwrangler) : https://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/download.html
- An AMD Hackintosh
- macOS 10.15 Catalina

How to do :
1. Type 'sudo mount -uw /'

If your cpu is 'unknown',
Use this method :
https://github.com/corpnewt/CPU-Name

If your cpu is shown as Intel,
This will be the method :
1. Go to terminal (make sure u mount the system as read/write as I said above)
2. Enter
Code: Select all
cp /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/en.lproj/Processors.strings ~/Desktop/ 
(u might need to change en.lproj to other region)

3. Open it with BBEdit and u should see the name your cpu displayed as :
For example my system show 6-Core Intel Core i5
<string>6-Core Intel Core i5</string>
<key>6-Core Intel Core i5</key>

Replace it with
<key>The Name u wanted to set</key>

4. Save it !
5. replace your modified Processors.strings to the system by going to the folder
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/en.lproj/
6. Place the modified string file there !
7. reboot and enjoy
elasa liked this

Advertising

Hi , I upgrade Rx560 to Rx 5700, but can't starting catalina (10.15.1) , Could you send your EFI to my email ? (*email removed*)
I am sorry I think I made it wrong, it should be

Replace it with
<string>The Name u wanted to set</string>
by: Shaneee
Use Terminal to copy the file back,
sudo cp -Rf ~/Desktop/Processors.strings /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/en.lproj/
kwankiu liked this
Shaneee wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:01 am Use Terminal to copy the file back,
sudo cp -Rf ~/Desktop/Processors.strings /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/en.lproj/
In my case : 3.39ghz processor how to proceed? I use the Portuguese language of Brazil.
Natanaellima wrote:In my case : 3.39ghz processor how to proceed? I use the Portuguese language of Brazil.
You'll need to follow the guide exactly but you need to edit the ".lproj" file that matches your language settings.

I use British English so I have to edit "en_GB.lproj" you will probably need to edit "pt.lproj" or "pt_PT.lproj" for Portuguese.

Where the guide says:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/en.lproj/

Try this one:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/pt.lproj/
rusteswan wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:49 pm
Natanaellima wrote:In my case : 3.39ghz processor how to proceed? I use the Portuguese language of Brazil.
You'll need to follow the guide exactly but you need to edit the ".lproj" file that matches your language settings.

I use British English so I have to edit "en_GB.lproj" you will probably need to edit "pt.lproj" or "pt_PT.lproj" for Portuguese.

Where the guide says:

Don´t work for me.

Try this one:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/pt.lproj/

Try adding these to your clover folder and see wh[…]

Niresh Catalina

Hello i was wondering if i can install Niresh Cata[…]

:thumbup: :clap: Enjoy

I'm especially worried about the Wi-Fi card, and h[…]