Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Hi Guys.

sorry, my english, google helps 😉
I managed to install Mojave 10.14.4 and change the graphics card Gainward GeForce GTX 970 Phantom after long deliberation. As the AMD graphics cards are getting cheaper and despite less power consumption, I was looking for AMD cards ...
First, I had the XFX 590 which only caused problems because of BIOS. Did not see a new card with BIOS flashing to play, so back! :crazy:

Then Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GD5 Nitro + came into question. No matter if the BIOS was in gamer mode or silent mode, you could not hear a fan from the card, really great. But it could not allow this card, even though it is recognized under Mojave natively, still only 17% better performance than the GTX 970. So back again. Annoying but uncompromising! :?

Now it's time for the MSI V368-001R Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost 8G OC. Everything out of box, perfectly recognized. I was disturbed only by the blower. With appropriate instructions had got it under control. Because I play under WIN10, I tested the map for everything. Again and again crashes and restarts of the computer. Then I bought a stronger power supply that supports 2x 8 pins for PCI-e. At least I did not have a computer restart, but the turbine started howling in good scenes in the game! Sorry, it's not all earache, back to sender. :yawn:

After a long search I found the right one: Asus ROG Strix RX VEGA 56-O8G-Gaming. Immediately I set the Bios switch to Quiet Mode fed up with Power Mode. Again the Vega Optimization Tool used and finally my expectations had exceeded me. No howl of the fan, nice quiet with a lot of power. But above all, stable and without black screens or flashing of the monitor. :D

On my motherboard Asus TUF B450-PRO GAMING is the first M2 SSD WIN10, the second M2 SSD Samsung EVO, Hacki - Mojave 10.14.4 installed.
For the optimal WIFI solution, I bought and perfectly integrated the "ABWB 802.11 AC WI-FI + Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS Combo" card.

The "KEXTE" I have optimized, unnecessary taken out, so the start is fast and easy.

I would like to thank Shanee :thumbup: and his tireless work, great work! :clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jimid64 liked this

Advertising

Catalina Installer Screen Is Garbled

Yep. It definitely has something to do with the GP[…]

Oh dear! I don't have access to a mac... :cry: […]

Installer chrashed in GUI after 20sec

Hey Guys, i have a problem with installing macOS M[…]

Hello @iGPU , You may not like my answer, but h[…]