Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
by: Fumblemore
Hi there,

First off I'd just like to say: Thank you. I've successfully installed Mac OS Sierra on my AMD Laptop, despite not even being able to run anything newer than Leopard in a VM :D . However, clover is failing. I'm just going to add some context, I'm hoping this won't be long, but if it is, feel free to skip to the "#####" that I'll add to signify the end of the context and the beginning of the actual fault.

So here it goes. To my amazement, I managed to boot the SierraAMDv4 (Thanks Shane), however, I couldn't install to the 32GB Partition I had created earlier in Windows. Something about there not being enough storage, which ended up to seem to be an issue with the Windows EFI partition being < 200MB. In the end, I just decided to use a spare 20GB HDD I had laying around. I managed to correctly format the disk, and correctly install Mac OS Sierra, however it took a few attempts to correctly create the prelinkedkernel, and a few attempts to figure out I needed the "-x" bootflag. Once booted, I wasn't able to connect to the internet to download the Kext Utility program (my WiFi card is unsupported and the kext required for my ethernet to work wasn't installed), so instead, I put my Windows HDD back in and downloaded the zip file and transferred it to the USB via TransMAC. I then replaced the HDD and ran Kext Utility, which worked its magic. I then rebooted, and found a post on another popular hackintosh forum that said you could tether your WiFi from your (android) phone to your machine. I don't own an android, but I do have a jailbroken iPhone. Therefore, I installed a tweak named "TetherMe" which allowed me to do the same. Immediately after I did this, I was prompted with the connected through the phone, and had internet. I installed Clover after this, installing it to the ESP and installing boot0af into the MBR. This worked perfectly. I could load up Clover and select my hard drive (which would give some sort of OS could not be booted error, or something along those lines) which a bootflag I found from a post on this site solved. Once booted up, I decided to install XCode from the AppStore, which then told me I didn't have enough storage to install it. Because of this, I decided to recycle a 250GB HDD from an XBOX 360 (I don't have many 2.5" HDDs around my house, the 20GB was also from an old XBOX 360) and go again with this. Everything went fine. However,

#####

I tried to use my phone (using TetherMe) as a internet source, which didn't work. So I installed the latest Atheros kext (using Multibeast) for my ethernet, and am currently using an ethernet source. This is kind of fine, I'd much prefer to use my phone's, but isn't too major at the moment.

However, my bigger issue is with clover. I tried installing it to the new HDD with the exact same options as before, and receive a message telling me the installation has "failed". The only way it succeeds is if I choose the legacy option (my PC is UEFI compatible), which then doesn't boot clover. Like, I don't even get into the clover screen it just hangs on a black screen with an underscore ( _ ) in the top left corner. What on earth can be going wrong? The only difference is the Hard Drive.

Regards

Here I'm going to leave the specifications of my laptop to the best of my knowledge, the CPU is not the same CPU that is listed on the sticker (for some random reason, it was bought brand new from Tesco)

Motherboard: Packard Bell EasyNote (EN) TE69KB
CPU: AMD E2-3800 (I think, it's definitely an E2) Quad Core (sticker lists it as a dual core E1-2500, which is definitely not what's in there, speccy and CPU Z tell me so.
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8280
RAM: 4GB DDR3 L
Any other info you need just let me know

And thank you in advance.
Last edited by Fumblemore on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertising

vitorlage wrote:Check BIOS settings:
CSM = on
Secure Boot = Other OS
SATA Mode = AHCI

Now try to install Clover again
Hi there, thanks for your reply :) . However, my BIOS is very limited. I have no CSM option and only have a secure boot option when running UEFI boot mode (set to legacy otherwise I can't boot MacOS) which is merely an on off toggle, however, AHCI was set as the SATA mode.
by: vitorlage
@Fumblemore, Ok. So let's try other route.
You say that you can install Clover in Legacy mode, so for it not to boot in Legacy should be because you haven't installed it properly.
In Clover under Customize/Bootloader you need to check the 2nd option boot0af, for installing the bootloader, that way you can boot in Legacy.
I have a Tutorial on How to Install Clover (video)

After you have Clover booting in Legacy, you can then try to install it in UEFI mode, if you need it.
Fumblemore liked this
vitorlage wrote:@Fumblemore, Ok. So let's try other route.
You say that you can install Clover in Legacy mode, so for it not to boot in Legacy should be because you haven't installed it properly.
In Clover under Customize/Bootloader you need to check the 2nd option boot0af, for installing the bootloader, that way you can boot in Legacy.
I have a Tutorial on How to Install Clover (video)

After you have Clover booting in Legacy, you can then try to install it in UEFI mode, if you need it.
Alright sure, I'll just go get my mac HDD to try that, thanks. And I saw your video, and that's what I followed for the first HDD.

And I'm just about to update the original post, as I traipsed through some wiki pages (and even a German amazon page) and found that the particular model of laptop I have, actually has an AMD HD 8280 (R3) not the 8240, it turns out the sticker actually corresponds to a different model.
*I'm double posting to upload files*

@vitorlage I've uploaded the images of my bios (first menu is just giving my serial number etc and last is just to save and exit) just in case I've missed something
Attachments
IMG_0137.JPG
IMG_0137.JPG (4.6 MiB) Viewed 760 times
IMG_0136.JPG
IMG_0136.JPG (4.43 MiB) Viewed 760 times
IMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0135.JPG (4.32 MiB) Viewed 760 times
@Fumblemore, When you boot BIOS you can choose which HDD to boot from, my BIOS after installing Clover present me with 2 versions of the same HDD like this:
UEFI: WDC7826268233457 or only WDC7826268233457, so I have to boot trough the last one that's Legacy HDD
vitorlage wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:33 pm @Fumblemore, When you boot BIOS you can choose which HDD to boot from, my BIOS after installing Clover present me with 2 versions of the same HDD like this:
UEFI: WDC7826268233457 or only WDC7826268233457, so I have to boot trough the last one that's Legacy HDD
Yes. I have the same with my PC (not laptop) however I can't install the UEFI version of clover, so it doesn't show the HDD as a boot device in UEFI mode.

I tried your suggestion and it still showed the same screen (no clover boot)
@Fumblemore, Boot to your Desktop and if you don't have it yet download, run, mount EFI partition of your HDD and see if inside you've boot.efi.
vitorlage wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:47 pm @Fumblemore, Boot to your Desktop and if you don't have it yet download, run, mount EFI partition of your HDD and see if inside you've boot.efi.
Do you mean windows? As I can only boot MacOS via safe mode which does not allow me to mount the EFI partition :(

EDIT: Just remembered, my windows installation is on another hard drive, and I can only have one hard drive attched at a time.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]