Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: sphoenixp
CPU: AMD FX 8350
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB
HDD: WD Green 1TB & WD Blue 1TB
GPU: XFX AMD ATI Radeon HD 5670
Installed OS': Windows 10 Pro

Stuck on creating a bootable USB. Dont have access to a MAC. olarila 10.9 is downloaded. Have a 8GB PD with TransMAc also installed.

Advertising

by: Shaneee
I'm not familiar with the Olarila image. First thing you will need to do is restore the image to your USB with Transmac. Once you have it on the USB, replace the default mach_kernel with the Mavericks one from here, http://forum.nova-x.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&p=9#p9

Once that's done you can try boot. Start booting from the USB and assuming it uses Chameleon as the bootloader use the following boot arguments,
-f -v npci=0x3000
You should now be at the installer. If not message back here. If you get there great, install it and come back and let me know so I can guide you through the next part as it won't boot without some help.
by: sphoenixp
Shaneee wrote:I'm not familiar with the Olarila image. First thing you will need to do is restore the image to your USB with Transmac. Once you have it on the USB, replace the default mach_kernel with the Mavericks one from here, http://forum.nova-x.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&p=9#p9

Once that's done you can try boot. Start booting from the USB and assuming it uses Chameleon as the bootloader use the following boot arguments,
-f -v npci=0x3000
You should now be at the installer. If not message back here. If you get there great, install it and come back and let me know so I can guide you through the next part as it won't boot without some help.
It uses Clover.
also how to do hfs+ partition with windows. i have 300GB drive free but it is partitioned in windows.
I highly recommend you use a seperate hard drive for each OS. They can interfere with each other.
by: gazza35
Use win32 disk imager to burn raw image to usb.
Just remember. the OLARILA raw images are for Intel Pc, not AMD, so you may end up having a whole load of issues.
by: Shane Jacob
Hey I want to install Mavericks on my system. The configuration is -
AMD FX 4300 Black edition 4.2 GHz
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P
16 GB RAM
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GT710 2GB

I have restored the image with transmac and I want to know how to replace the stock kernel with the AMD kernel. I do have a working Mountain Lion in Vmware is that would work. Thanks in advance.
by: Valkiry
You should be able to mount your Partition and copy the kernel over via your virtual machine. If not use Paragon HSF+ to mount Osx extended file Systems
Okay hey I've gone through all of that. After that the bootflags that I use are GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 -v but at last I get stuck at built-in decrypter used. I'm attaching the picture any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_20160902_110923.jpg
IMG_20160902_110923.jpg (2.05 MiB) Viewed 635 times
The problem is the GPU. Boot with nv_disable=1 to load the system then run this app to download and install the nVidia Web Drivers. Then reboot with nvda_drv=1
Code: Select all
www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/474-nvidia®-webdriver-updaterapp/
Shaneee wrote:The problem is the GPU. Boot with nv_disable=1 to load the system then run this app to download and install the nVidia Web Drivers. Then reboot with nvda_drv=1
Code: Select all
www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/474-nvidia®-webdriver-updaterapp/
Hey Okay thanks a ton with your bootflag I was able to reach the installation but now it does not detect my hard drive. I have enabled AHCI mode in BIOS but still. this is my HDD - WDC WD10EZEX-00WN4A0 1 TB. I've attached the picture.
Attachments
IMG_20160903_042709[1].jpg
IMG_20160903_042709[1].jpg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 630 times
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]