Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
So something I noticed a while ago is that when running Cubase on an AMD hackintosh, enabling Control Room will immediately cause the program to crash. I haven't been able to recreate this on my Intel systems, but even with a clean install of macOS on an AMD hackintosh I've been able to make this happen reliably.

After reading through the crash log what I realised is that all of the crashes I was experiencing in Cubase (including the control room one) were down to the surroundpanner VST that's built into Cubase.

The fix in my case was to remove the surroundpanner.vst3 file from Cubase.app/Contents/VST3. Keep a copy of it in case you decide you need it one day.

This got me thinking though - is it possible that this VST3 could be patched in the same way that Adobe software is? I have no idea.

Advertising

Hey man, I'm experiencing the same issues. I'm currently reinstalling Cubase 10.5 on Catalina. Did removing the Soundpanner.vst3 file still resolve your issue. My Cubase seems to crash for the smallest of issues. I built this damn thing for Cubase and gonna be bummed if its never gonna work.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]