Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
by: jorbs
Hi all,

I had a Ryzen 5 3400g processor running a hackintosh very smoothly. Then I replaced it by a R5 3600X and the sleep stopped working.

In 3400g, I mapped the devices ports of my USB controllers (XHC0 and XCH1) using simply a kext with just a Info.plist inside of it. I repeated the process with my new processor, but had no luck so far. Also tried renaming one or both controllers and map all the ports based on MaciASL output.

When I put it to sleep, the CPU, PSU and GPU fans keeping running and I can’t use the PC until it automatically restarts after ~3 minutes. After that, when I login, a system error report pops up and that’s it.

My motherboard is Aorus x570 WiFi Pro Mini-ITX.

Thanks!
Post Merged
UPDATE 1: The sleep works only if no USB devices are connected. At least I have a clue. I am still researching the reason.

Advertising

by: asle
So definitely a USB issue. What USB devices does IOREG show? I am not familiar with your MB but I have a Ryzen 3600 and Aorus B450 i ITX mobo, and I have a issue with PTXH ports. I have a XHCI and PTXH controller. I am not able to patch the PTXH controller as of now. Maybe it will be solved some day. Take a look at this post . What worked for me was to deactivate PTXH, I lost some USB ports (not my wifi/bt luckily!) and I can live with that. Sleep works fine now. The other alternative is to deactivate sleep. Screen sleep will work but your machine will never sleep. Depends what is most important for you.

Also I have not updated to 10.15.4 on this build (did it for a friend). My own i7-8700k on Asrock Phantom z390 seems to play better now concerning sleep but maybe I am just wishing ( ;) ) On that mobo I have no PTXH but XHC1 and XHC0.
by: jorbs
My IOReg is attached. As you can see XHC0 has less ports because I suppressed 6 of 10. Using Hackintool (attached as well), I know which port is being used. How did you deactivate PTXH?
Post Merged
this is my IOReg without any SSDT enabled.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 12.50.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 12.50.11 AM.png (322.62 KiB) Viewed 452 times
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 1.39.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 1.39.36 PM.png (89.27 KiB) Viewed 454 times
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 1.35.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 1.35.04 PM.png (90.13 KiB) Viewed 454 times
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]