Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
Hello everyone! I'm new to the Hackintosh scene, this being my first one, I am quite happily surprised to tell you that everything seems to be working more or less. The less is where I need help. I have a few issues on my install that I need to fix quickly.

Firstly and most importantly, my spec sheet.
CPU - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition Processor
RAM - 16 GB DDR3 2000MHz
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P FX
GPU - AMD Radeon R9 290 (not-X)
OS(s) - macOS 10.15.4 Catalina (using OpenCore as a boot loader), dual-boot with Windows 10

So my issues so far:
1. Following the instructions of my guide, I deleted what was on my EFI partition, and this apparently included any ability to boot back into Windows through OpenCore. I got a Windows 10 Install USB and attempted to reinstall the EFI partition software needed to boot into Windows, but it says it cannot find the file asked for when I attempt to give my EFI partition a drive letter in order to do this process. I can reinstall Windows if necessary as I install all my programs to a 1 TB hard drive apart from my main Windows SSD, but I would like to avoid that annoyance, although I'll do it if I have to.

2. Regardless of the guide I use, and no matter what ID I try to use in the GPU spoofing .aml file in my OpenCore install on my EFI partition, it never recognizes the GPU in my "About this Mac" screen, and I know it's definitely not working at all because Chess, the only 3D graphical program on the computer currently, looks absolutely terrible at 1080p, like it's using software rendering, among other graphical glitches.

3. My USB 3.0 ports are working fine and I can use those 4 USB ports, but none of the others work, and whenever I boot into macOS, I get a looping error in the startup process, despite the fact that the OS boots.

Please please please I need to get back into my Windows side of my computer and I need to get my Mac side to work fully. Thank you so much for your help everyone.

Advertising

This same with me at point 2, I don’t know why on catalina 10.15.4 graphic is very slow like ui transition , so i already downgraded using clover at 10.15.1 this work fine without problem

Btw i use fx 8150 radeon hd 7850
ccphuc liked this
lexx wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:16 am hi good to hear you've had some success
when you was trying to get going did you have any issues with a black screen immediately after booting?
Hey Lexx, I hope you've got yours figured-out now, but if not here is something to try: disconnect your monitor and then plug it back in after boot. This was the only thing that worked for me. Sounds like crazy voodoo but with my hardware at least (R5 2600, asrock b450m pro, RX 570) this was the only thing that worked. After that smooth sailing aside from poor GFX performance, which I think is a known issue .
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]