Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
by: beeef
Hi guys,

I finally did it and built my own Hackintosh using an AMD Ryzen CPU. It works really great so far (except a few things, but I don't really care about them). I tried a lot of different tutorials and read a lot of posts and websites how to install Catalina on a PC.

I also informed myself a lot about Kexts, Drivers etc. so I think I'm familiar with the use of them. After a few attempts my PC is finally running macOS Catalina 10.15.3 (using OpenCore instead of Clover).

The only thing that really annoys me is that the audio is "crackling". It's not seamless. But first, here are my PC specifications:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
  • Mainboard: ASUS Prime A320I-K
  • Graphics: Sapphire Radeon RX570
  • SSD: Crucial BX500 (500GB)
Here are my mainboard specifications on the manufacturer's website: ASUS Prime A320I-K

On the "Audio" section on this website you can see that this mainboard uses the Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC. OK, nothing special, as this Codec is (I think so) used very often in lower-end mainboards. I looked up the table on the "AppleALC" github page and found out that this codec uses the following layer IDs: Layout 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 18, 20, 33, 40, 50, 52, 53, 87, 99.

I tried every single one of these IDs but none of them is working perfectly. But layout IDs 1 and 2 are definitely working quite good, but not good enough. So I thought it maybe could be that there are some interfering Kexts? Here is a list of Kexts I'm using:
  • AppleALC.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • NullPowerCPUManagement.kext
  • RealtekRTL8111.kext (for my Ethernet port)
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
And here my used drivers:
  • ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  • FwRuntimeServices.efi
  • VBoxHfs.efi
I also used the tool gfxutil to create the SSDT files for my specific hardware (GitHub link).

Because I read on another forum that there may be some bugs if you're using the Hardware Identifier of the new MacPro (in FakeSMC), I decided to use the identifier of the new Mac mini. So my Hackintosh now acts like a Mac mini of 2018.

I appreciate any help of you guys! If you need my config.plist file or anything else I can upload it here. Thanks!

Advertising

I have a dumb solution for this. I installed Node.js and run this https://github.com/nexylmao/1plus1-audi ... dkeeper.js in the foreground, while I work I just leave the terminal window open with it. I know that it is not elegant, but for me it's good enough right now, to learn things in XCode, probably until I buy a compatible CPU.

I figure that the problem is that the CPU drops in clock when the computer is not doing anything, and macOS just isn't aware of that. That's why the clock and sound go out of sync, and this script should be enough to keep the CPU busy enough, so that the clock speed doesn't drop down.
Dude it works for normal player but when I use logic pro x it shows error syncing audio and midi. Plz someone find permanent fix for these latest ryzen g cards, otherwise I have no other option rather than changing my processor
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]