Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
by: Maxime Di Meglio
Hello guys,

I'm experiencing OpenCL performance issues on my Catalina 10.15.3 hackintosh (specs in signature).
My GPU benchmark scores are low :
- Geekbench 4 : 110K OpenCL (should be 140K)
- Geekbench 5 : 34K OpenCL (should be 50K)

These are far from what I should be getting... Many people are getting the same performance issues on AMD, it seems, but I can't get it resolved. Intel hackintoshes are apparently not subjected to this.
Running the latest 17h patches, and iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS.
I'll upload my config.plist here.

Thank you guys, you're awesome :D

(edit : grammar and file upload)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertising

by: SuX0rz
Having the same problems here. Kinda defeats the purpose of a Ryzen based hackintosh if the performance is so poor.
- Geekbench 5 OpenCL: 37K
by: Shaneee
Known issue on AMD hacks. We assume it's because the binaries use Intel only CPU instructions which our AMD CPUs cannot utilize for obvious reasons.
by: Mik Kof
Same thing here.
Geekbench 4 openCL: 129 k
Geekbench 5 openCL: 40 k

But I am still quite happy though.
by: arximus
No news for fixing this? I dreamed about better 3d performance :D Just updated to opencore 0.5.6, fresh patches, new kexts. GBench5 shows 33k result on rx580. And Minecraft fps is pretty low in some cases. TW Warhammer 2 fps jumps from 10 to 60, especially low when camera show land with horizont... but when camera pointed on ground, fps is highest :lolno:
by: cclau74
which is why my primary macOS is 10.14.6

10.14.6: Geekbench 5 GPU= 34k

10.15.4: Geekbench 5 GPU=22k

My GPU is Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 OC.

The problem is in Catalina GPU memory clock stays at 300mhz where as in Mojave it boosted to 1750mhz.
Post Merged
This allows me to watch 4k60fps in Mojave very smooth, in contrast 4k60fps in Catalina is having some fps drops.

I have the exact same motherboard, 3600X and the[…]

What BIOS are you using? I'm having the same iss[…]

Catalina running but no Internet

you don't have to set manually, just use DHCP

internet problem

do you have rt8111.kext in Others folder or Kext f[…]