Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Hello, I tried to run macOS Catalina according to the guide available at https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/open ... ktop-guide and unfortunately I stopped right after running the installer.

I can't run the network card on the Gigabyte Aorus Elite B450 motherboard - from what I could find in the specification it is Realtek 8118. I tried various kexts, unfortunately none of them works (Realtek8111.kext and Realtek8100.kext). I am doing something wrong, is there a problem with this LAN card?

Advertising

bjar wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:02 pm I have the same mobo and it is working with the 8111 kext.
Can you upload the kext you are using?
Yeah I will this evening. I can send you my config as well. It took me 8 hours or so to figure everything out before I could get it to boot. Did you happen to get sound to work? Only things I don’t have working is sound and sleep.
Post Merged
piter.zaw wrote:
bjar wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:02 pm I have the same mobo and it is working with the 8111 kext.
Here ya go.
Attachments
(137.38 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
using the same kext, but lower version
bjar liked this
bjar wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:26 am Yeah I will this evening. I can send you my config as well. It took me 8 hours or so to figure everything out before I could get it to boot. Did you happen to get sound to work? Only things I don’t have working is sound and sleep.
Post Merged
piter.zaw wrote:
Here ya go.
Thank you. This kext worked without problems. Do you recommend any specific wifi / bluetooth module? Earlier I used a tplink t2u v2 usb modem, but unfortunately there are no Catalina drivers for it.
piter.zaw wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:23 am
bjar wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:26 am
Thank you. This kext worked without problems. Do you recommend any specific wifi / bluetooth module? Earlier I used a tplink t2u v2 usb modem, but unfortunately there are no Catalina drivers for it.
I am not using either. Should be plenty of info here on the forum.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]