Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: TheStiffGamer
A few days ago, I successfully installed macOS on a SATA SSD drive inside my system, so I know that the configuration of my OpenCore will result in a working macOS environment if I can install it.

The problem is that I need to use that SSD for other things, and my main NVMe boot drive, which is a terabyte, is currently split. The first half of the drive houses the EFI System Partition, which I have made sure is over 200 MB, the Microsoft Reserved partition, and my Windows 10 partition.

However, when I attempt to format the second half, which is currently unpartitioned blank space, in Disk Utility during macOS Setup, the drive is detected but is not writable. It knows the drive is 1TB, and it can find the first partitions, but the blank space is not detected.

I have enabled the NVMe-SSDT.aml file, and it is being detected as an internal rather than external drive with this fix, but the problem remains that I can't even format an APFS partition because Disk Utility can't write to it. I have tried using Innie and NVMeFix, but those have been unsuccessful at doing anything other than correcting the internal showing as external problem.

System Configuration:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Gigabyte B450M DS3H
32 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 580
Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA SSD
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA HDD

I have attached my OpenCore configuration, which contains the log files, and a picture of what Disk Utility says about the drive when I click the info button.

As a sidenote, I'm pretty sure that USB isn't configured correctly, but I was planning on dealing with that once I got the system up and running.
Post Merged
I should quickly mention that the macOS installation that was on the SATA SSD no longer exists, so I can't use it. I have to work from within Windows.
Post Merged
After further analyzing, I have noted that the drive is 512 sectors. I am preparing a Windows To Go disk to use Sabrent's utility to change the disk sector size to 4k.
Attachments
(2.65 MiB) Downloaded 13 times

Advertising

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]