Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Chat about almost anything as long as it is within the rules.
I have my first Hackintosh up and running. It took a few hours, but it was a fun process. I am running a Ryzen 3700x, Gigabyte Aorus pro wifi, PowerColor red devil 5700xt, 32gig G.skill ram. I have been a Mac user for over 25 years so I have some knowledge about how things work. I built this machine because wanted to dual boot windows for gaming with my son ,and wanted more flexibility in my system. I used open core. I am having a problem that I haven’t found the solution (if there is one) to yet. I am a photographer and I am running dual monitors. A dell 4k, and a Gigabyte Aorus F127Q-P (1440, 165Hz monitor for gaming). The dell works fine and profiles fine in both MacOS and Windows. The Gigabyte monitor however doesn’t work well with Mac. In windows, I can adjust all the settings using the controls on the monitor itself. It also profiles well. (99.8% srgb, 83% Adobe RGB, 96% dci-p3) In MacOS, I can’t adjust the the picture settings (bright, contrast, color temp, rgb, etc) there are the settings I can adjust, but those aren’t really relevant to the look of the picture. It also profiles poorly with Adobe RGB and Dci-p3 down in the 65% range. It will however run at 144-165hz. This is of course using the buttons/menu on the monitor itself. I am using Display port for both monitors. If anyone has an idea how to get this Monitor running on Mac like it does on windows, I would appreciate it. I will keep trying for a bit but I don’t want to have to send it back. Thanks

Advertising

Powercolor red devil 5700xt
Post Merged
I figured it out. I changed a few BIOS settings and a couple config things, like changing from iMac1, 1 to MacPro7, 1. Nothing worked. Then I started looking at al of my monitor settings again in the OSD. There are 3 settings for Displayport, 1.1, 1.2, 1.4+hdr. I had it on 1.4+hdr. This worked fine in windows and I was getting a good stable image In Catalina minus the ability to calibrate/adjust. I set it to dislayport 1.2 and suddenly I was able to adjust all the settings, which was great. However, I wanted to be able to run it in 1.4 because of the (limited) HDR and switching it every time I went into windows would be a pain. After more digging, I found that If I turned off the high dynamic range setting in the Mac display preferences, I could run it in DisplayPort 1.4 and have full adjustability. I hooked this monitor up to my real iMac and didn't have this quirk so who knows but at least is is now working. I'm getting 100% sRGB, 96% dci-p3 and 87% Adobe RGB
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]