Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
I have not been able to get my USB 3.0 ports to work in Mojave; they do work in Windows 10, so not a hardware issue. What kexts and/or patches do I need to get USB 3.0 working?
Thanks.

Advertising

I suggest you install XLNCUSBFix.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext and remove any other USB kexts and USB patches from your config.plist and Clover/ACPI/patched folder. This worked for me on my FM2 board after months and weeks of scratching my head.
SleepingPanda wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:55 pm I suggest you install XLNCUSBFix.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext and remove any other USB kexts and USB patches from your config.plist and Clover/ACPI/patched folder. This worked for me on my FM2 board after months and weeks of scratching my head.
I tried that, and still can't get a drive to mount via USB 3.0. Not even unchecking USB Inject for my config.plist would do it. :(

What versions of those kexts are you using, and where did you download them from? Also, what BIOS settings related to USB 3.0 and/or USB in general are you using?

Thanks.
Post Merged
UPDATE: Slight correction to the above--the drive will mount when connected at startup; it's just the hot-plugging after startup that isn't working. When I eject the mounted volume, then unplug & re-plug the USB 3.0 cable, the drive won't remount.
Here's my EFI with the kexts and the config I use (minus my serials of course so don't just use my config). You can try taking what you need from it and see what works. I recommend you don't use my VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext file because it's custom tuned for my CPU, same goes for the ACPI folder.
Attachments
(3.04 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
OK thanks for sharing that; I'll see whether your versions of the USB related kexts make a difference. I was able to apply a patch to com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort suggested by someone else, and got my eSATA ports to hot-plug. Wonder if there might be a similar patch for the XHCI driver?

What utility did you use to produce the HTML system report?
RePete222 wrote:OK thanks for sharing that; I'll see whether your versions of the USB related kexts make a difference. I was able to apply a patch to com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort suggested by someone else, and got my eSATA ports to hot-plug. Wonder if there might be a similar patch for the XHCI driver?
If I remember correctly, I think there are patches you can try but I'm not sure where I found them.
RePete222 wrote:What utility did you use to produce the HTML system report?
I used Kext Updater https://bitbucket.org/profdrluigi/kextupdater/downloads

I'm working on a custom DSDT.aml and SSDT for my board so I won't have to use patches through Clover/OC. It seems pretty easy to learn to do so I recommend you try that if things don't work out.

It seems that real mac motherboards have devices labeled a certain way but other motherboard vendors tend to deviate greatly from that. A custom DSDT would make your board look like a real mac to the OS so you won't have to fiddle with kexts that don't really work or aren't made for your board like usbinjectall.kext (which is really made for use on intel boards).
I'm working on a custom DSDT.aml and SSDT for my board so I won't have to use patches through Clover/OC. It seems pretty easy to learn to do so I recommend you try that if things don't work out.

It seems that real mac motherboards have devices labeled a certain way but other motherboard vendors tend to deviate greatly from that. A custom DSDT would make your board look like a real mac to the OS so you won't have to fiddle with kexts that don't really work or aren't made for your board like usbinjectall.kext (which is really made for use on intel boards).
I'm certainly open to that possibility--not only for the sake of USB 3.0 hot-plugging support, but also for getting Mojave to support the DVI and HDMI ports on my GPU. The learning curve seems rather steep to me right now, however. Can you point me to a good writeup/tutorial on creating a custom DSDT? I'm more than willing to learn it; I'm just having trouble pulling all the necessary info together to get started.

Thanks.
Unfortunately I can't really point to a writeup as I already had some coding background so it was all quite familiar to me already and just by Googling I learned a few small things here and there. I'm not sure if you can add DVI and HDMI ports through DSDT as I think that's a patch you have to make through your bootloader. I finished making mine and you can compare the before to the after with the two files if you'd like.

Don't be daunted by the wall of text and numbers. There is a method to the madness.

The 3 main things you'll be concerning yourself with are Scopes, Methods and Devices. Scopes can contain both Methods and Devices (think of Scopes like a folder/directory in your file manager and the other two as different types of files). The rules of the system are very similar to an actual file manager in that no two files can have the same name in the same folder and likewise no two folders can have the same name at the same location. The first thing you should do is organize your directory to make it simple to locate and move files around.

In my After.aml you'll see that I organized them all by name which was painstakingly tedious but is very simple to do by drag and drop with MaciASL (a fact I didn't learn until I was very deep into editing).

If you were to open up your own SSDT-EC.aml file you would notice the structure is quite similar to your own DSDT and you can actually drag the contents of the SSDT-EC to the appropriate location within your DSDT as well to simply combine the two. A quick way to tell if you broke anything is by hitting the Compile button at the top of MaciASL and look for errors in the Summary box that pops up. You can simply hit undo or CTRL Z and it'll be fine again. Do be careful to keep the same level of indentation when moving things around and make sure to clean up after yourself by removing large gaps of space to make your future job/changes easier.

Quick notes:
You can add simple patches/fixes by clicking on the Patch button and scrolling through the list. A good recommendations to start off with is 'Basic Apple Device Renames' by PJALM which renames devices/folders to closely mimic a Mac and fix some small issues like XHC and EHC without having to patch these manually through clover/oc/ssdt. In the Preview field you can easily see what will change after you hit Apply. You can easily undo this by hitting CTRL Z or go to Edit and click Undo.
Attachments
(21.67 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]