Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
I can t see audio devices connected to my audio chip. Only Hdmi and DP audio output. Seems like my Audio chip isn t recognized or something.
It is a Realtek ALC892 on a MSI B450 Gaming plus board running r5 3600 and vega 56. I have put AppleALC in the kext folder. Should I try VoodoHDA?
(I am a hackintosh noob)
Egress liked this

Advertising

Use the latest AppleALC (1.4.0). It has the patches for ryzen 3000. I myself had the same problem. Fixed it yesterday.
Egress liked this
I have the same problem. OS X does not recognize the audio card. I tried some versions of AppleALC and was unsuccessful. What do i do to fix this?
- Hardware: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Realtek ALC892), R5 3600, 16gb ram, RX570 4gb.
Post Merged
GOOD NEWS! After trying for a long time... I realized that "Lilu.kext" was in version 1.3.6. I upgraded to version 1.3.8 (last) and also updated "AppleALC.kext" to 1.4.1 (last) and it was working perfectly. :thumbup:
I used the "KextBeast" tool to update.
Hi!
I had the same, exact, problem. Tried to install AppleALC, update Lilu.kext, but nothing happened. Then I tried to change a little parameter in config.plist.
If it doesn't work, you can also try to set 0 or 2 as value.
Hope I've helped!
Attachments
Schermata 2019-09-28 alle 16.09.21.png
Schermata 2019-09-28 alle 16.09.21.png (879.29 KiB) Viewed 249 times
Alcid=5 is the answer. Put this in as boot arg and your sound will work.
Post Merged
BTW I have same board but USB 2.0 ports do not work. USB 3.1 works fine. Any ideas?
So, what you have to do is set the boot-args alcid=X. X is different for every Codec. Go to this Site and look for your Realteak codec: https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC ... ted-codecs
For your codec you will see this: Realtek ALC892 0x100302, layout 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 28, 31, 90, 92, 97, 99

That means you have to change the boot-arg alcid=X number until your sound works.

For example you start with alcid=1, if this is not working you'll ty again with alcid=2, still not working? Try alcid=3 and so forth. Do this with every of the bold numbers above. One of them will make your Sound work. It is an annoying task for sure, but if you know what to do it basically just a simple chore.

Good luck.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]