Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Hello! I've been trying to get my OpenCore configuration working for about a week or so to no avail. I am attempting to boot from a previous installation of Mojave 10.14.6, which worked fine for the longest time with Clover until it randomly stopped booting one day. After messing with Clover for some time to try and revive my installation, I came across OpenCore and decided to give it a go while my machine was already out of commission.

However, there is a certain period while booting Darwin that my PC consistently panics at, although not always ending with the same log line. It is most commonly immediately after "HID: Legacy shim 2", but has also come after "[PCI Configuration Begin]", "HPET: map device registers failed", and rarely, "RTC: lost battery power - time may be invalid". The last line is always preceded by "RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)".

I have been using the following boot-args: -v npci=0x2000 debug=0x100 keepsyms=1
Note: I have also tried replacing with npci=0x3000 -- no dice.

You may be thinking: "If Clover was working for so long with whatever settings you had been using, did you at least base your OpenCore configuration from your past settings?"

Well, I did, or at least tried. In my old Clover config.plist, I had noticed that the AppleRTC patch had been applied, so I attempted to recreate this in OpenCore. First, I found a kext patch for com.apple.driver.AppleRTC (10.14.4+), but it yielded no different result. I then tried RTCMemoryFixup with exclusions for B4-B7 and 58-59 (which I found from a different forum), but no luck there, either.

I have also considered it potentially being a DSDT issue, but seeing as I had booted Clover fine without many DSDT patches before, I now believe this is not the case (I had only been using FixShutdown, actually).

My kexts (in load order):
* Lilu
* VirtualSMC
* NullCPUPowerManagement
* WhateverGreen
* AppleALC
* SmallTreeIntel82576
* NoTouchID

My relevant BIOS settings:
* SATA Mode: AHCI
* CSM Support: Enabled (I have also tried Disabled, but not only does this make no difference, I then have graphical issues)
* 4G Decoding: Enabled (I have also tried Disabled -- no difference)
* SVM (virtualization): Enabled (I have also tried Disabled)
* IOMMU: Disabled (I have also tried Enabled)
* Legacy USB Support: Disabled (I have also tried Enabled)

My CPU/MB:
* Ryzen 7 2700X
* Gigabyte X470 AORUS Gaming 5 WiFi

Any help at all is appreciated. Thanks in advance! I can provide additional information if/when needed.

Advertising

I don't know if this is helpful, but when I moved from Clover to OpenCore, I elected to start fresh and make a new install USB and install a clean OS to a new drive. Clover can sometimes get messy with the OS system files and it might be easier to start clean than trying to remember all the system modifications that you added with the Clover install and removing them.

Just my two cents..

pm
according to the tutorial, csm should be disabled; above 4G should be disabled if you use arg ncpi=2000. i confronted shim2 problem, for my board B450m mortar max this problem disapper after i disable above 4 G decoding。
Post Merged
according to the tutorial, csm should be disabled; above 4G should be disabled if you use arg ncpi=2000. i confronted shim2 problem, for my board B450m mortar max this problem disapper after i disable above 4 G decoding。
nullcpupowermanagemet.kext need not for oc 0.5.7, it has a swith in config.plist, try to read oc manual to find out. "dummy power" or sth.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]