Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: Egress
10.14.6. - Flawless install as per instructions. Thanks Shanee and AlGrey!

However system freezes periodically with spinning beachball every ~30 seconds for ~30 seconds even during startup with Clover EFI Boot, suggesting a kext issue perhaps?

Console diagnostics report WindowServer issue: ...userspace_watchdog_timeout.spin

Suggestions welcome.

Advertising

by: lazyusername
I had the exact same issue and not one person on this forum even tried to help over the course of a month. Hope you have more luck than me!

I see we have similar system specs -- same Ryzen generation, same RAM, same GPU. Maybe that's something to do with it. Are you connected to a 4K monitor using DP?
Egress liked this
not sure if this will help but

is your CPU OC-ed?
if so, is the total frequency in odd number (eg. 3.7ghz, 3.9ghz, etc)? if yes, try changing it to an even number (eg. 3.6ghz, 3.8ghz, 4.0ghz);
I had issues with my stable R7 1700X stable OC in win10 @ 3.9ghz with my airpods working for a few seconds then stop outputting sound even though bluetooth is still connected.

any other OC, try putting it back on stock and check difference
Egress liked this
It was OCed to an even frequency the whole time for me. Never did end up fixing it, just gave up and removed Mac OS.
Egress liked this
lazyusername wrote:It was OCed to an even frequency the whole time for me. Never did end up fixing it, just gave up and removed Mac OS.
Sorry to hear that.
I too have a Ryzen 7 1700X with a dual 4K monitor.
I used an RX580 before, then currently using Vega 56
Egress liked this
lazyusername wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:17 pm
I had the exact same issue and not one person on this forum even tried to help over the course of a month. Hope you have more luck than me!

I see we have similar system specs -- same Ryzen generation, same RAM, same GPU. Maybe that's something to do with it. Are you connected to a 4K monitor using DP?
4K display with HDMI

The same system boots and runs 10.13.x perfectly with few issues. I've installed earlier versions of 10.14 that also stall periodically. Little intervention seems to help.
Post Merged
[email protected] wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:23 pm
not sure if this will help but

is your CPU OC-ed?
if so, is the total frequency in odd number (eg. 3.7ghz, 3.9ghz, etc)? if yes, try changing it to an even number (eg. 3.6ghz, 3.8ghz, 4.0ghz);
I had issues with my stable R7 1700X stable OC in win10 @ 3.9ghz with my airpods working for a few seconds then stop outputting sound even though bluetooth is still connected.

any other OC, try putting it back on stock and check difference
Thanks. I played with clock speed on 10.13.x when my Avantree Leaf seemed to hang the system after I plugged it in a USB port. System speed appears to be a critical factor with OSX. I'll try your suggestion.
Post Merged
[email protected] wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:57 pm
lazyusername wrote:It was OCed to an even frequency the whole time for me. Never did end up fixing it, just gave up and removed Mac OS.
Sorry to hear that.
I too have a Ryzen 7 1700X with a dual 4K monitor.
I used an RX580 before, then currently using Vega 56
How do you like the Vega 56?
[/quote]

How do you like the Vega 56?[/quote]

Oh, I'm loving it.
I do have the Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 though, so it's supposed to be the best Vega 56 price/performance.
Worked out of the box without any fan speed intervention.

The only issue I had was the HEVC & H264 wasn't enabled but I didn't know this until I ran videoproc, then I checked on reddit, someone told me to change my SMBIOS and everything works perfectly now. playing mpv player HEVC perfectly with less CPU.
Egress liked this
[email protected] wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:19 am
How do you like the Vega 56?[/quote]

Oh, I'm loving it.
I do have the Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 though, so it's supposed to be the best Vega 56 price/performance.

The only issue I had was the HEVC & H264 wasn't enabled but I didn't know this until I ran videoproc, then I checked on reddit, someone told me to change my SMBIOS and everything works perfectly now. playing mpv player HEVC perfectly with less CPU.
[/quote]

Nice! I experiemented with system timing to no avail. Console reveals a number of possibilities. Freezing first occurs during Clover EFI boot process then continues into into bootup of OSX and throughout using any apps. I'll play with kexts but it might be the system kernel.

Also my HDMI audio shows multiple connections even though there is only one. This problem has occurred in earlier OSX versions and was corrected with kext. Voodoo of some kind, as I recall.

It would be amazing to get OSX working smooth! Will update if anything new. Thanks!
Egress wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:19 am
How do you like the Vega 56?
Oh, I'm loving it.

[/quote]

Nice! I experiemented with system timing to no avail. Console reveals a number of possibilities. Freezing first occurs during Clover EFI boot process then continues into into bootup of OSX and throughout using any apps. I'll play with kexts but it might be the system kernel.

Also my HDMI audio shows multiple connections even though there is only one. This problem has occurred in earlier OSX versions and was corrected with kext. Voodoo of some kind, as I recall.

It would be amazing to get OSX working smooth! Will update if anything new. Thanks![/quote]

hmmm... do you have time machine enabled or any backup app?
I recently restored my macos to a new NVME using the latest vanilla guide 10.14.6 USB installer (and time machine) and everything worked out smothly with just the barebones kexts, no drivers64uefi even.

maybe that's worth a try
Egress liked this
I disabled both Time Machine and Spotlight in my quest to fix the issue and had no luck
Egress liked this

muy buenas recien instale mac os highy sierra en […]

Black Screen before installation

I had the same issue. Try unplugging and plugging […]

I too have ATI 7610m and the zip file is corrupt[…]

Ryzen 5 with Nvidia 1060

Hi @Johnata , Many thanks for reply. Sorry, toda[…]