Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

My configuation:
GPU:Sapphire Vega64 Limited Edition (Silver fan-cooled)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard: ROG B350-F
Memory:DDR4-3000 48G
SSD:WD SN720

The GPU seems to have been initialized normally.

As you can see, the geekbench OpenCL benchmark only get 40000 which is far lower than its normal score (about 200000), and the Cinebench 15 only get 70fps.

However, on windows 10, this card get the normal score

And when I run the Metal benchmark on Mac os, it seems to get a satisfying score.

The fan is silent, functioning normally without patching anything.

I have tried to fix it, including
1) remove whatevergreen and lilu - ending in failing to boot
2) update whatevergreen and lilu to the latest version - no effect
3) enable RadeonDeInit - no effect
4) use kexts to adjust the fan and voltage etc. (like VGTab) - no effect
5) update the system from 10.14.1 to 10.14.5 - no effect
6) reinstall the system using AMD-Vanilla - no effect
7) switch the model from iMac Pro to iMac or Mac Pro - no effect

Here is my EFI
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xnXdB ... 1niPKlWMEs

I have searched the internet but can't find a solution any more. So I turned to you to help, thank you~
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertising

Same problem with AMD RX 580 - very slow. https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/compute/4425809
Problem not only with perfomace. Blender 2.8 when I tried to enable AMD ProRender craching (But working good on real iMac with AMD GPU).
Post Merged
I checked my result and found my problem:
Maximum Frequency 300 MHz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zen patches have been updated to improve AMD GPU performance. As for the Max Freq, it's not true. While running the GeekBench OpenCL test I was monitoring the frequency and it did rise to the max available.
Sadly the High End video Cards works really weird... I am testing my 3900x with a RX 560 / 570 / 590 / Vega 64 / Radeon VII, and yes the lastest ryzen patches works a lot better, but: The RX 560 works like in my Intel hackintosh, my RX 570 have 30% less performance, my rx 590 around 30% too, my Vega 64 even working better has the 40% less performance, and the Radeon VII it works as the half of the performance like in my Intel hackintosh... I am testing with profesional software like Final Cut with brucex 5k export and Premiere, and the more powerful is the VGA the worst performance you get... for me it is just an experiment to test OSX in Ryzen, and I only use it for CPU processing (like audio and render) for video processing is kind of useless and I am using my Intel Hakcintosh (where I have the full power of the VGAs in all video scenarios). If you planning to have a ryzen hackintosh as a production machine is kind of difficult in case as me you will use it for some applications where you can use the full power of the processor, for video not a great plan...
Bioraft wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:43 pm
Sadly the High End video Cards works really weird... I am testing my 3900x with a RX 560 / 570 / 590 / Vega 64 / Radeon VII, and yes the lastest ryzen patches works a lot better, but: The RX 560 works like in my Intel hackintosh, my RX 570 have 30% less performance, my rx 590 around 30% too, my Vega 64 even working better has the 40% less performance, and the Radeon VII it works as the half of the performance like in my Intel hackintosh... I am testing with profesional software like Final Cut with brucex 5k export and Premiere, and the more powerful is the VGA the worst performance you get... for me it is just an experiment to test OSX in Ryzen, and I only use it for CPU processing (like audio and render) for video processing is kind of useless and I am using my Intel Hakcintosh (where I have the full power of the VGAs in all video scenarios). If you planning to have a ryzen hackintosh as a production machine is kind of difficult in case as me you will use it for some applications where you can use the full power of the processor, for video not a great plan...
Oh,your result is very useful! I guess this mean videogame's performance just the same situation.
Luoboutou wrote:
Bioraft wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:43 pm
Oh,your result is very useful! I guess this mean videogame's performance just the same situation.
Mac OS is not a place for gaming, that has to be a joke... even in a real mac gaming sucks, you have to install windows to have better performance and because real macs throtlles a lot because of termals, it doesn't performs like the desktop versions. In intel hackintosh the gaming is quite more better in osx, the performance is a lot better, but not the same like windows. I don't know why you want to play games in OSX (I can understand with intel hackintosh but with ryzen hackintosh you have to be kidding me)..., I tested with Rise of the Tomb Raider and Fortnite... and well the performance is bad with all videocards, is good in Intel Hackintosh, but in Ryzen Hackintosh my god is horrible, if you want gaming you have to use windows man, sorry if I sound rude but it makes no sense at all to game in osx, and with ryzen osx, my god is a joke to be honest... I hope in future the support will improve but for now there is a lot of problems with performance with AMD processor with OSX, if you want a full performance with Mac OS you have to use Intel. I have a Ryzen for testing and because I have a lot some work that I can use the power of the processor that beats my i9 9900K, but just that in other stuff is not posible at all, and I am not using this machine as my main production machine, that would be a suicide for profesional work.
Sleep wake solutions?

This also happens on my machine. I've first just[…]

Hey there :wave: I have the same issue with my 2[…]

hi guys, thanks for all the hard work getting thi[…]

You'll get it recognised with full resolution but […]