Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: blackwings
Hello there :wave: ,

Specs:
CPU:AMD FX 8320
GPU:ATI RADEON HD 7950
RAM: Hyper X Savage 8 GB
SSD: Kingston 480GB
MOBO: Gygabyte GA-970A-UD3P

I'm having some issues with my installation of mojave, everything runs smoothly, i get it to boot, i get it to install, i partition my SSD , it installs perfectly with no issue, after install is done and I have to boot it to set it up, APPLE logo shows up, it loads and then the screen flickers and goes black, I have the latest lilu and whatevergreeen, this issue is both on mojave and catalina, I'm literally stuck with this, and have no idea on how to proceeed, I will attach my folder here.

MY OC FOLDER

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Thank you guys, I would love to get this running.
Post Merged
A bit of an update:

What else i have tried.

Boot args tried:

-radvesa - This was the best, but the bar just loads and it's stuck there, nothing happens. At least the screen doesnt go black anymore

radpg=15 - doesn't do anything.

agdpmod=vit9696 - doesn't do anything.

agdpmod=pikera - doesn't do anything.

With radvesa it seems to be the best due to the fact that it doesnt go black anymore but it gets stuck at loading bar..

Advertising

by: Shaneee
Taking a quick look at your config. You should remove the DSDT.aml from your config. You should never include a full DSDT. You've got MacPro6,1 set as your SMBios. Try with either iMac14,2 or iMacPro1,1

If these changes don't work try disabling Whatevergreen. Your GPU should work OOB.
@Shaneee,

Hey, thank you for the reply!

So, should I re-install again with with no DSDT at all?

For the SMBios I will change that to what you've suggested.

In regards of the whatevergreen, I tried disabling it once but I get the same error.

I will come back with a reply after I do the changes.
There's no need reinstall. Just remove the DSDT.
@Shaneee,

Okay, I removed the DSDT and changed SMBios to iMac14,2 but I'm getting the same black screen.

Second attempt, removed DSDT and set SMBios to iMac14,2 and removed whatevergreen but same thing.
Is CSM disabled in your BIOS? Also what brand is the GPU? If it's XFX that can cause some issues.
I don't have a CSM option in bios.

Only if i select Windows 8 as OS and then i get the option for CSM. If i select OTHER OS i dont have it.

My GPU is a Sapphire Radeon HD7950 Boost Dual-X 3GB GDDR5 384-bit

My BIOS:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BIC5B ... r3BN03r_At
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hnJiw ... V3JXKpHX1x

Apparently if i select windows 8 and CSM disabled, after reboot it automatically enables CSM back on.
Post Merged
Update:
I have attached a copy of my GPU-Z
ImageImage

I'm thinking that this might be a issue with the motherboard not letting me disable CSM, it's just I don't have that option in my bios, I tried looking for some solutions but found none, any ideas?

What if I boot using legacy instead of UEFI or try using clover instead?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]