since my old setup (i7 6800k) had too little computing power for my applications, it was time to switch to something new.
I am originally from the German Hackintosh Forum (it's just in german) and Tonymacx86, but sadly there is no place for AMD Hackintoshes.
So I think I am in the right place here, and hopefully helps someone.
My Hardware Config:
MoBo: Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming (there is also a Version (X570-E) with WiFi und Bluetooth, but since I only use LAN anyway, I didn't need it)
GPU: Vega 64 Spphire Nitro+
RAM: 4x 16 GB Ripjaws 3200 MHz CL16
SSD: NVMe 1 TB Crucial P1
Air Cooler: Be quit! Dark Rock Pro 4
OS: MacOS 10.14.6
Displays: EIZO EV2455 and ASUS VE228 / Projector: Optoma HD 141X
I've seen a similar CPU+MoBo setup here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10186&p=55023&hili ... ing#p55023
- Intel® I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN
- USB 3.0 (I can't Test if 3.1 and 3.2 are working, because I've no Device to test)
- iCloud/Apple Music
- iStat Menus 6.4
- AuLab (64 Bit)
Works so far (long-term test still pending):
- SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A (via VoodooHDA, Layout 21) - in the past the sound disappeared rather accidentally, currently this happened last time I tested the 5.1 channels. Otherwise the audio signal is so strong that my amplifier is even overdriven on the input side Toslink/SPDIF also works (tested with CYP AU-D3-192 KHz). Btw: It is an 8-channel chip, but de facto 2 channels go forward, and on the back panel is therefore only 5.1 (which are also correctly assigned in the MIDI setup. However, the volume knobs (except for channels 1 and 2) cannot be moved (are at 0). But a surround test via the VLC player shows that they work. I haven't got the headphone channel for the font panel working yet - but it could be that my front panel is broken (the case could be about 20 years old)
Works with some issues:
- Sleep/standby but hard disks are not ejected correctly (I got the info, that it is fixed in Catalina and is causes by unsupportet RAM speeds)
- Lightroom CC 2015.10 (starts, and images are also displayed, then the Beachball loads a few minutes and 100% load on a thread, then it works)
- CPU Temp / FAN RPM / VRM Voltage The CPU Temp is synchronous with other temperatures (Northbrige, motherboard etc.). Some voltages have wrong identifiers (Battery: 1.664 V and 12V VCC is 21.981 V ! )
- Facetime/iMessage (I don't need it, I haven't configured it, so you might be able to get it to work)
Benchmarks Cinebench R15 Multicore: 4029 cb (Out of the box, with precison boost OC 4289 cb)
Cinebench R20 Multicore: 9311 pts (OC)
Geekbench 5 (Free): 1309 single / 14030 multi https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/1292342
Geekbench 5 (Free mit OC): 1331 single / 14418 multi https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/1297065
Unigine Valley: 49,4 FPS (min: 9,5 FPS, Max 110,1 (I've seen it run more smoothly before on Intel. Does someone know what the issue might be? Minecraft runs like crap, 40 FPS in low settings )
LuxMark 3.1 OpenGL CPU: 4964 (seems not to utilize all threads 100%)
LuxMark 3.1 OpenGL GPU: 30632
The whole switch to my new setup has now taken 2 days.
The initial fatal problem was that I still had MacOs 10.14.5 in the applications folder. THIS VERSION IS NOT SUPPORTED!
After that it worked with a clean install, but as soon as I migrated the data from my MacBookPro or my old Hackintosh it crashed after login.
The reason was the autostart of the Intel Power-Gadget (lol).
I found this out by starting in safe mode, where you could log in even though the EFI was unchanged.
If you don't have access to the graphical user interface, you can clean up the folder for malicious autostarts /Library/LaunchDaemons (and also in the user directory) as a quick fix.
Other Ryzen 3000 processors should also work with the EFI. It works with the Vanilla Clover patches.
I will be updating this post and the files regularly.
The EFI is without serial/board number etc. Please generate it yourself!
Thanks to all developers who made Clover and AMD OS X possible!
You have my deepest respect for the incredible work you have done to make MacOS run on an AMD processor! Chapeau!
Old Build: Hackintosh: i7 6800k on ASUS A II x99, 64 GB DDR4 3200 MHz G.Skill RipJaws, Vega 64, NVMe: 1 TB Crucial P1