Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: dhruvjit
Hi! I recently created a vanilla USB installer for macOS 10.13 High Sierra according to the instructions provided at vanilla.amd-osx.com
When I tried to boot into the installer, everything went fine and I even formatted the hard drive. But when I clicked continue at the "Reinstall macOS", it gave me an error stating "The recovery server could not be contacted."
I'm new to this Vanilla installer and do not know much about it, would appreciate some help.

NOTE1: I did not have an internet connection at the time of installing macOS; and I even checked that my date was not preceding the release of macOS High Sierra
NOTE2: If internet access is required, I am unable to get ethernet access, but I do have a wireless card (TP-Link TL WN823N); I also need to figure out a way to install the required drivers for my wireless card directly to the installer.

Thanks in advance.

Advertising

by: Shaneee
Is that the USB adapter? You can try adding these two kexts into the Clover kext folder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hi Shaneee! As for the kexts, I have placed them in my clover folder.
But my WiFi adapter requires a utility to connect to WiFi.
Without it I can't connect to any network. Is there anything which could be done to get the utility within the installer.

P.S.: I can't use ethernet, otherwise I would have done it with that. I am stuck with this USB adapter.

Thanks for your help

EDIT: I use the USB adapter drivers from https://tp-link.com/us/support/download ... 3n/#Driver and also for the vanilla install I use a patched StatusBarApp for 64-bit support (attached).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
by: MacPiston
I'm facing the same problem - I need to use WiFi adapter due to OS X not seeing my Windows laptop sharing internet thru LAN. I have RTL8188SU based one, but your kexts haven't helped me. I assume that wifi should pop up in top right corner on main installation screen?
EDIT: I wonder if there is a possibility to download and copy to pendrive full macOS installer? Therefore internet connection shouldn't be more needed.
MacPiston wrote:I'm facing the same problem - I need to use WiFi adapter due to OS X not seeing my Windows laptop sharing internet thru LAN. I have RTL8188SU based one, but your kexts haven't helped me. I assume that wifi should pop up in top right corner on main installation screen?
EDIT: I wonder if there is a possibility to download and copy to pendrive full macOS installer? Therefore internet connection shouldn't be more needed.
I have a WiFi adapter with the RTL8192EU chipset (TP-Link TL-WN823N) and I need a utility provided with the installer pkg in order to connect to WiFi networks
I know, but I wonder if there is a kext/way to enable this adapter in "native" way so macOS will use inbuilt WiFi network selecting etc
Okay, I found my problem. Actually I was missing the SharedSupport files in the installer made by gibMacOS, so I built a custom installer and it worked.
As for the WiFi adapter @MacPiston, I too wonder if we might get a native support.
Cheers! :thumbup:
abheedevta liked this
Have you downloaded full set of files? Or enabled recovery only? I wonder also why when I download full set it still want me to connect to internet... :roll:
by: abheedevta
Can there be a full Installer without the need of internet at all? I've made this a full Installer, not using the recovery only option. But still it wants to connect to the internet due to unknown issues.
I have no way to connect my desktop with an internet connection. I have no wifi on mobo and ethernet cable is no option.
I use my Pixel 3 in RNDIS or usb ethernet mode to connect to the internet via a type C to type C cable.
I also have the TP link TL-WN725N V2 usb wifi dongle that requires a utility to connect to the internet. I could never got it connected to Mojave on my Ryzenthosh. I checked out fine in High Sierra.

Please help
Shaneee wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:02 pm
Is that the USB adapter? You can try adding these two kexts into the Clover kext folder.
Post Merged
Also, I am not authorised to my own posts and several others. Please help shane. I wanted to revisit the way i made my install last time with mojave.
Post Merged
dhruvjit wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:12 pm
Okay, I found my problem. Actually I was missing the SharedSupport files in the installer made by gibMacOS, so I built a custom installer and it worked.
As for the WiFi adapter @MacPiston, I too wonder if we might get a native support.
Cheers! :thumbup:
Hey Dhruv,

How did you do that can you please guide?

I just restored from time machine on a new NVME an[…]

I had the same issue. Vega 64 card, Ryzen 1700x, u[…]

Check: 1. Latest versions of Lilu (1.3.8) and Wha[…]

@Shaneee , Nope didn't work... exact same problem[…]