Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

russes wrote:
Norton287 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:11 pm Once the update downloads and does it's mini install you need to, on reboot, boot off the USB installer and run preinstall from terminal. Then reboot and boot macos install from YOURHARDDRIVE.
I got that far. In fact, I had a bootable 10.13.3 system.

However... When I boot from the USB installer & then start the "boot macOS install <myDrive>" step, it almost runs to completion. As part of this step, the update to Preboot happens at the end of this upgrade. The Preboot upgrade fails consistently.

I was trying to find out if the Preboot upgrade failure was normal on AMD. Or... have I screwed up the installation.

I understand the basic AMD installation & what's happening. I'm just not sure about Preboot & Recovery.
Seeing as how many many users have followed the directions and upgraded to 10.13.3. I would reinstall 13.2 and try upgrading again.
Egress liked this

Advertising

Ryzen037,

As per the initial instructions. You need your V2 installer handy for this. So get your USB installer out again for this process. This should apply if using v3 etc. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

1. Let the App Store download the update and let it run the first part of the install and reboot
-during the reboot, put in your USB installer into your system. Then boot to BIOS. Change primary boot to your USB installer. Exit BIOS. System will boot your USB installer.

2. At Clover select the option Boot macOS from HighSierraAMD

3. Once in MacOS click on Utilities then select Terminal and then type in preinstall then hit enter. Once completed type in reboot and hit enter again.

4. At Clover again select boot from USB Installer to Boot Install from YOURDRIVENAME and let the install run. The system will automatically reboot

5. Now at Clover for the 3rd time. Now boot from USB Installer to Boot macOS from HighSierraAMD again.

6 . In MacOS again click on Utilities then select Terminal and then type in amd and hit enter. This will be a little longer and your system will automatically reboot.

-during the reboot, take out your USB installer from your system. Then boot to BIOS. Change primary boot to your YOURDRIVENAME. Exit BIOS. System will boot your HDD.

7. On Reboot, you'll be on your HDD version of Clover. Now select boot MacOS from YOURDRIVENAME
Hello guys :wave:

I'm using VMware Workstation Pro 14 and when I upgraded from 10.13.1 to 10.13.4 straight through app store it gets stuck on a black screen after boot. :crazy:
If anyone can upgrade or install to version 10.13.4 please give the instructions.
Or how to boot after the second restart. I already tried a few times but no success, when the boot stuck i have to restart from my clean 10.13.1 snapshot :'(

Thank you all :lol:
ABCAstermans liked this
othon200 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:51 am Hello guys :wave:

I'm using VMware Workstation Pro 14 and when I upgraded from 10.13.1 to 10.13.4 straight through app store it gets stuck on a black screen after boot. :crazy:
If anyone can upgrade or install to version 10.13.4 please give the instructions.
Or how to boot after the second restart. I already tried a few times but no success, when the boot stuck i have to restart from my clean 10.13.1 snapshot :'(

Thank you all :lol:
Yes please, I also could use this very much.
So many thanks in advance. :thumbup:
Do not update to 10.13.4 till shaneee gets the .4 kernel sources. A lot of kernel changes where made in .4 so we'll have to wait and see when he's done.

Check the post on using the combo update to update to 10.13.3.
ABCAstermans liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]