Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

I'm really trying to get High Sierra installed on my ASRock X570 Creator. I started with the Technolli Vanilla EFI and it works like a champ to install Catalina. But since I need CUDA, I have to have High Sierra. I've also tried the AMD_OC_Ryzen EFI on the github and while it's great and also gets me Catalina installed, I still get stuck at the very first install screen.

I am convinced that it has something to do with USB. The installer is very slow to go from the Apple loading window to the grey screen where I can see the mouse but can't move it. And then very slow to reveal the install screen which shows the macOS Utilities box, but also I can't use the mouse or keyboard. I've tried different ports and even put the mouse and keyboard on the same USB controller that the USB stick is using.

Further, if I let it sit a bit, it goes to sleep, which makes me think, the computer isn't locked up, but just not getting any input so it goes to sleep.

I've read with clover people needed to use a USB injector, but I don't see such a thing with OpenCore. Honestly, I would be happy with clover since I don't really plan on updating ever. Though I've dabbled around with it a bit and not had any luck. Just need a solid machine with Nvidia cards to run the AI and 3D stuff I need.

For clarity, I'm using a RX570 for the install, not an Nvidia card. Hoping that I would be able to get High Sierra installed and then install the graphics drivers and eventually swap out the GPU.

Anybody have any thoughts on how to get this done. The only other thing I can think of is that since I have it named as a iMacPro 1,1 maybe something is messing with it there. Though High Sierra was released in September of 2017 and iMacPro in December 2017, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Full disclosure, I am also posting this question in the SNAZZY LABS RYZENSHINE BUILD thread with the hope that someone in one of these two threads might be able to help.

Thanks in advance.

Advertising

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]