Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

General chat and support for running on a Virtual Machine.
Hi all,

Many thanks to the fantastic guide posted at https://vmware.amd-osx.com/ . This is one of the most clearly laid out and detailed guide I've seen.

I am at the step 'Select "Mac OS X" and leave it to install. This may take a while.'

It has been stuck at 'Installation in progress. Calculating time remaining..' for a few hours now (I'm using a Ryzen 3950x on an MSI x570 Ace motherboard). It moves between that message and 'About 12 minutes remaining' every 5 or 10 minutes.

In vmware player, when setting up the virtual machine I also noticed that there was no drop down for the number of cores, it just had one drop down for the number of processors of which I selected 1. Other than that I followed the instructions to a tee.

Thanks for any help in advance,
cheers,
tom
Post Merged
I left the install over night and it managed to complete. It took many hours.

I change the drive configuration to NVME drive as that is the type of drive I have. I am getting good disk performance in Black magic speed test around 1.2 Gigabytes per second read and write.

I have also changed the number of processors to 4. I still haven't found out how to change it to 1 and choose 4 cores. The dropdown is not available in my version. Other than that the vm is working really well. Vmware tools makes the display and graphics great.

Advertising

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]