Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

General chat and support for running on a Virtual Machine.
by: Shaneee
The security update replaces the kernel... You'll either need to attach an installer to replace it or download it again.

Advertising

by: OSXF
Shaneee wrote:The security update replaces the kernel... You'll either need to attach an installer to replace it or download it again.
How to do that through installer?
OSXF wrote:
Shaneee wrote:The security update replaces the kernel... You'll either need to attach an installer to replace it or download it again.
How to do that through installer?
You'd need to use my Windows image restored to a USB with the Yosemite kernel placed on the root and use Terminal to copy it back into the VM. You're better off installing physically though. Much better performance.
by: Shadow
WOW! It Works. Without any problems :thumbup:
before that i tried techsviewer.com - no result. lost time.

Thank You!
by: Shadow
Would be great, if in future assemblies you will switch on option 'Show Connected servers on Desktop' in Finder. It's very useful when using Shared Folders in VmWare.
Attachments
scr01.png
scr01.png (18.95 KiB) Viewed 529 times
See the screenshot to download. Once downloaded double click the .vmx file to open it in VMWare.

by: donaldp
Shaneee wrote:@OSXF, Fromt he VMWare website,

To increase the svga.vramSize setting:
  1. Power off the virtual machine.
  2. Right-click on the virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
  3. Click the Hardware tab.
  4. Click Video Card.
  5. Select Enter total video RAM and enter a higher value.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Power on the virtual machine.
I'm still trying to get something >=10.10.4 working on my machine (best I've managed so far is 10.10). I am now trying this one (as if it works will be simpler than the extensive directions for upgrading 10.10). When I start it up it just hangs (see pic). When I click on the screen my pointer disappears (thought maybe I have to click on which one I want to start?). I've downloaded VMware Workstation 12.5.0 build-4352439, and it isn't giving me the option to increase video memory (see pic), which was the first thing I thought to look at. Don't know what else to try. I have an FX-4300.
Attachments
OSXnomemoryoption.png
OSXnomemoryoption.png (36.34 KiB) Viewed 509 times
OSXhang.png
OSXhang.png (89.21 KiB) Viewed 509 times
You click into the VM then press enter to boot the system. Once it's booted if you press Ctrl + Alt + Return the VM should go full screen and give you full resolution.
by: donaldp
Shaneee wrote:You click into the VM then press enter to boot the system. Once it's booted if you press Ctrl + Alt + Return the VM should go full screen and give you full resolution.
Yep, that was the piece of info that I was missing. Thanks!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]