Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
by: Shaneee
Try without the ESP option then.

Advertising

by: Fumblemore
Shaneee wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:07 pm Try without the ESP option then.
And that's what I referred to as the "legacy" install. That causes the underscore.

Enoch works fine, so if I can get my gpu working with enoch (I would have no idea how) I'd be happy to ditch clover for it.
Edit: and without safe mode of course :)
I'm tempted to completely erase and reformat my hard drive and try again, should I? Or should I just keep trying with the current installation?
by: vitorlage
@Fumblemore, I would reinstalled it from scratch, even cause you can have your EFI partition corrupted and that is an easier process than running gparted for fixing it.
@vitorlage, Alright thanks. I'll do this now :)
vitorlage wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:39 am @Fumblemore, I would reinstalled it from scratch, even cause you can have your EFI partition corrupted and that is an easier process than running gparted for fixing it.
Alright, it failed again. This may sound strange, but could it have anything to do with running Kext Utility before clover? As the one time it succeeded, I hadn't run Kext Utility (as I had no internet to download it).

EDIT: I now know why. I checked the log and it couldn't mount the ESP partition, probably because it is in safe mode, any way to boot without safemode?
@Fumblemore, If after doing the PostInstall in your first boot (when you create your account) it restarts by itself change the kernel by the one in Downloads page, remove prelinkedkernel and rebuild it.

Go to Transmac and put Downloads page kernel in Extra folder (there's no need to replace the other in PostInsatll root)
Boot trough USB Installer (like when doing Postinstall) and open Terminal
Issue this commands to replace kernel, remove prelinkedkernel and rebuild cache
Code: Select all
cd /Volumes/SierraAMD/PostInstall/Extra/
cp -rf kernel /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/Kernels/
rm -rf /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kextcache -u /Volumes/macOS/
Wait until you see there are no errors and reboot
Has you already installed ENOCH boot loader you don't need to boot trough USB Installer, you can boot directly from HDD
Good Luck
vitorlage wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:11 am @Fumblemore, If after doing the PostInstall in your first boot (when you create your account) it restarts by itself change the kernel by the one in Downloads page, remove prelinkedkernel and rebuild it.

Go to Transmac and put Downloads page kernel in Extra folder (there's no need to replace the other in PostInsatll root)
Boot trough USB Installer (like when doing Postinstall) and open Terminal
Issue this commands to replace kernel, remove prelinkedkernel and rebuild cache
Code: Select all
cd /Volumes/SierraAMD/PostInstall/Extra/
cp -rf kernel /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/Kernels/
rm -rf /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kextcache -u /Volumes/macOS/
Wait until you see there are no errors and reboot
Has you already installed ENOCH boot loader you don't need to boot trough USB Installer, you can boot directly from HDD
Good Luck
Nope it doesn't reboot. It works fine in that retrospect :) .

I have now managed to install clover in the esp, all I did was swap the bootflag from '-x' to 'cpus=1' and it booted without safe mode. However, I am now getting a strange problem when trying to boot from the hard drive, I get a forbidden symbol like this:
(No text or writing, just immediately shows this)
Just check if you've AHCI enabled
Boot with -v (verbose mode) -cpus=1 are your base flags (the one's you manage to boot) then add to them dart=0 and try if it doesn't work replace that by USBBusFix=Yes and then USBLegacy=Yes
vitorlage wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:04 am Just check if you've AHCI enabled
Boot with -v (verbose mode) -cpus=1 are your base flags (the one's you manage to boot) then add to them dart=0 and try if it doesn't work replace that by USBBusFix=Yes and then USBLegacy=Yes
Alright thanks.
I got to a certain point in the boot process but then it hung there, I was using flags: "-v ncpi=0x2000 nv_driver=1 -no_compat_check cpus=1 "
But I will try the other boot flags you suggested right now.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]