Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Hello!, I've recently purchased the following, intending to build a first hackintosh. Please tell me if you know ahead of any gotchas for my hardware. Thank you.
  • ASUS M5A78L-m/USB3
  • Loud 3-pin to 4-pin Dynatron A48G Cooler (Looking at standard 4-pin coolers)
  • AMD FX-8320
  • 4x Kingston KVR13N9S8/4 4GB (16Gb ddr3 @ 1333Mhz)
  • Either 1 of EVGA GTX 1060 6gb or 1070 8gb (in the pcie 2.0 x16 slot)
Things I really want to work, that I don't have the hardware for...

Update. I am stuck trying to install Enoch on my 10.13.6 macbook. Is there a better way on ubuntu 18, which I have installed on the destination pc? Thank you.

Handoff! (My MBP 2010 can't use the nice airdrop/handoff features)

Working with AmazonBasics wired USB keyboard/mouse...

Thanks. I hope this works!
Post Merged
I've got the parts needed and I'm almost there.
  • Asus M5A78L-M/usb3
  • AMD FX-8320 8x 3.5ghz
  • 4x 4gb 1333 ddr3
  • GT 710 2gb gpu
I may be closing in with Enoch, my 2nd day of negotiations. I've just scrapped the GUID install drive for the 12th time or so.

It's not really clear what I need to do with the Enoch Files folder contents, so I just dropped all the kext files from there into /Volumes/SierraAMD/Library/Extensions, and changed owner to root.

Ah, I'm using the SierraAMD_V5.2b with Enoch Bootloader.dmg. The mobo has no UEFI or XHCI and I gather I need to install Enoch to work around those.

At the time (the moment) of typing this, I'm into phase 2, where I run `sh /Volumes/SierraAMD/PostInstall/post.sh`. Please bear with me. . .

Now I've put all the Extensions from Enoch Files into /Library/Extensions. And changed the owner from my user to root. Now running Enoch (2902) installation. And here is where I seem to get stuck. For now, since I don't understand the options well, I'm going with "Standard Install"... Now restarting, see if I can get a first bootup w/o the usb key, and.... fail.
Code: Select all
. . . 
[ PCI configuration begin ]
RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)
(hard reboot, not sure what to do)

Am I on track?

[Update/edit] Maybe worth noting that I do not have a Windows install. I used the `dd` command in linux to create the usb stick. Precisely—
Code: Select all
sudo dd if=/path/to/download of=/unmounted/device bs=4M status=progress conv=fdatasync
Please note I think the params may be linux oriented. They're a little different on mac. And I want to say this for the search engines that you can create a bootable hackintosh usb drive on linux without windows, without transmac. (Sorry.)

Advertising

Boot with -v npci=0x2000
Ah, I just got the bull to boot from the drive, installing clover to no avail and then success with Enoch. I copied all the Extension kext files from "Enoch files" into /Library/Extensions. Many of them I guess aren't needed. I've got to click OK through them before any restart. And I get the "waiting for keyboard" error. And it seems too slow to boot.

Mixed feelings, but I'm glad I made it to the first big milestone. Thank you.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]