Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: Norton287
Must not have installed 10.12.6 or have installed 10.12.6 and the security update. You will boot only to the installer if it makes it that far and report back.

Advertising

by: choerte
Hello,

I would be glad to help out testing. Tried to install SierraAMD_V5 and V5.2 on Samsung 960 EVO NVMe, but couldn't get to the installer. Got stuck at the screen below.
I have a Threadripper and an ASRock X399 Taichi motherboard. But it's my first time trying to hackintosh, so I'd need some guidance...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check your PMs
by: Shaneee
Is this what you are using? If not have you tried it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No I’m using Rehabmans NVMe patcher to build the NVMeHacker kext, their injectable through clover.
Post Merged
The KextstoPatch from Pike R Alpha caused kernel panics in Ryzen cpus.
by: Shaneee
Ahh right yeah. That the one with the clover kext patch too or has he updated it since I last looked?
He’s updated it to allow the NVMe kext in S/L/E to stay and he did an update for the security update as well.
Post Merged
Updated the build with a new way to implement the HackerNVMe Keats.
Post Merged
The HackerNVMe kext work like crap, but good news the Kext Edits in clover work good so far. Update 5.2 postinstall with edits for the security update.
Shaneee liked this
by: Paparazzi
Im new to message boards and new to computer building... But are you saying that it IS possible to have your boot drive be a NVME? Does it matter which manufacturer you use?
Seems to work with EVO and M.2 drives. Only 5.2 works, it has the kext patches to make it go.
by: mexpat911
Is this still an issue ? I currently have a Samsung 960 Pro booting high Sierra with APFS.

I can post whatever if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanna your efi,and try it.Would u like to send t[…]

I need your advice

High Sierra. The GPU is holding you back.

Thought my experience would be a positive addition[…]

https://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&am[…]