Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: Norton287
If you've installed the 10.12.6 Security Update you know your machine won't boot. Here's what you need to do:

Boot off your USB installer macOS from SierraAMD, once install loads click on Utilities from the menu and select Terminal. Once Terminal opens enter the following commands:
Code: Select all
cd /Volumes/SierraAMD/PostInstall

sh post.sh

Enter the name you named your macOS volume and press enter.
Let the script run and reboot without the USB and you should be ok. One thing you will have to do Post PostInstall is reinstall Nvidia Web Drivers for you Nvidia Card holders.
Shaneee, blackcat, anijatsu and 1 others liked this

Advertising

by: jamkid
Hi, my trusty USB boots it up to a white blank screen.

Is there anything else I can do? My USB was left plugged into the hackintosh while the update was done.

Thanks in advance!
Put your system specs in your signature it could be video related
by: jamkid
Added my specs as below. The white blank screen looked promising initially but it just hung there and slowly turned to a grey screen.
When you boot go to Options - Configs and choose the RADVESA config
by: satelli
Anyone who replaced V5 kernel with Bronya's 10.12.6 kernel for AMD graphics card, be sure to backup your kernel (in /S/L/K) and System.kext (in /S/L/E) and swap the ones in the SierraAMD's PostInstall directory with Bronya's as well.

It's not necessary to run the full post.sh script again if you don't want to mess up your custom kext combination, just replace the kernel and System.kext introduced by the security update, and manually run
Code: Select all
kextcache -u /Volumes/$your_volume_name
If you followed the SierraAMD tutorial, the $your_volume_name should be macOS, or the one you renamed to.
You need to run the full script as it puts back bad intel kexts we don't need and the script removes them. Just use transmac to put bronya's kernel in postinstall folder and system.kext in files.
by: satelli
Norton287 wrote:You need to run the full script as it puts back bad intel kexts we don't need and the script removes them. Just use transmac to put bronya's kernel in postinstall folder and system.kext in files.
Norton is right. It is better to remove them though these kexts are not loaded.
by: xazp
Hi,
I just completed a fresh Ryzen VM-Ware install of Sierra (thanks very much!). I initially hit the "update" button and of course the VM stopped booting.
So I just re-installed it, and didn't hit "update" - is there an easy way for me to fix this problem prior to hitting "update"? Or should I just never update?
Thanks!

So i try booting mac os high sierra from the AMDHS[…]

I am sorry I think I made it wrong, it should be […]

Hi guys, last day I have installed 10.14 on 2950x+[…]

App Store instantly crash Crash Report https://te[…]