Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: Norton287
Edimax EW-7811Un works with included macintosh installer 802.11n supports 10.9.x to 10.12.6

Advertising

by: jivko1390
Norton287 wrote:Edimax EW-7811Un works with included macintosh installer 802.11n supports 10.9.x to 10.12.6
Tp-Link TL-WN821N 300 Mbps works as well.
by: XantheFIN
Asus (USB-N10/Wireless-N150) NANO Wifi usb adapter. Works as i did install AMD V5.2 on El Capitan and it did just update and kept drivers for wifi i guess.. so Wifi works still no problems - 10.12.6. :thumbup:
by: Raf
Tp-Link Archer T1U AC450 Wireless Nano USB Adapter works. Used their TP-Link_Installer_Beta_Mac driver.
by: handzo
TP-Link 300 Mbps Wireless N Mini USB Adapter - WN823N work OOTB -> official firmware supported (already tried 10.12-10.13)
TP-Link Archer T6E/ T9E Work OOTB in High Sierra, in Sierra -> Needed little polishing clover.plist kext to patch to enable 5ghz & whitelist patch to showing wifi in system configuration
by: Nikos Baliakos
I have the tp link WN823N how do you get it to work ?
by: handzo
Nikos Baliakos wrote:I have the tp link WN823N how do you get it to work ?
I think this usb wireless has offical driver mac.. check the tp link website guys. its just ease plug and install software
Nikos Baliakos liked this
Raf wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:34 pm
Tp-Link Archer T1U AC450 Wireless Nano USB Adapter works. Used their TP-Link_Installer_Beta_Mac driver.
did you get the installer from their website? and can you confirm that it works?
by: Raf
Apologies... That was a while ago. At the time I posted that (February) yes, it was working - I was using that for Wifi up until August. If I remember correctly I got the BETA driver from their web site; however, last I checked (last month) I can no longer find their Beta installer. I was able to find newer drivers; however was not able to test since my hackintosh developed an issue after I inadvertently applied a security update.

I have, since then, moved the contents of the machine into a new case, re-installed Sierra using the SierraAMD V5.2 installer and acquired a pcie Wifi adapter (Fenvi FV-T919) which works OOB, but I'm troubleshooting an issue where the device can't be re-enabled after waking from sleep. I've not yet tested the USB adapter again to see if it still works, nor do I think I'll be inclined to do so since I have another Wifi adapter.

Sorry if the initial post was mis-leading, however, it worked up until i applied that security update.

Best of luck,
Post Merged
Well... Turns out I had a chance to test & here's what I've discovered...

The USB adapter isn't fully working... It's seemingly recognized, shows up in the Hardware Report as a MediaTek WiFi device, but "Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)" doesn't look right, even after installing the driver.

Downloaded, Archer T1U_EUUS_V2_180522_Mac.zip from TPLink's support site. Installed the driver, restarted (which brought back the Fenvi adapter), created a configuration using their Adapter Utility, but no dice.

The adapter even shows up in the Network preference pane; however, it says "Cable Unplugged". In the Wireless Utility from TPLink, it says "Disconnected!!" in it's Status.

I'll look to see if another driver might fix this, but I'll also want to test the adapter in Windows, or on some other host.
Post Merged
Well...

Tried downloading drivers from MediaTek that has unfortunately hosed my hackintosh. Gets to Clover but attempting to boot just eventually yields a black screen w/ a 7 in the upper left corner. :-(

I'll need to see if I can recover it from safe mode or single user.

Ugh, just when I though I was all nicely setup.

I just restored from time machine on a new NVME an[…]

I had the same issue. Vega 64 card, Ryzen 1700x, u[…]

Check: 1. Latest versions of Lilu (1.3.8) and Wha[…]

@Shaneee , Nope didn't work... exact same problem[…]