Apologies... That was a while ago. At the time I posted that (February) yes, it was working - I was using that for Wifi up until August. If I remember correctly I got the BETA driver from their web site; however, last I checked (last month) I can no longer find their Beta installer. I was able to find newer drivers; however was not able to test since my hackintosh developed an issue after I inadvertently applied a security update.
I have, since then, moved the contents of the machine into a new case, re-installed Sierra using the SierraAMD V5.2 installer and acquired a pcie Wifi adapter (Fenvi FV-T919) which works OOB, but I'm troubleshooting an issue where the device can't be re-enabled after waking from sleep. I've not yet tested the USB adapter again to see if it still works, nor do I think I'll be inclined to do so since I have another Wifi adapter.
Sorry if the initial post was mis-leading, however, it worked up until i applied that security update.
Best of luck,
Well... Turns out I had a chance to test & here's what I've discovered...
The USB adapter isn't fully working... It's seemingly recognized, shows up in the Hardware Report as a MediaTek WiFi device, but "Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)" doesn't look right, even after installing the driver.
Downloaded, Archer T1U_EUUS_V2_180522_Mac.zip from TPLink's support site. Installed the driver, restarted (which brought back the Fenvi adapter), created a configuration using their Adapter Utility, but no dice.
The adapter even shows up in the Network preference pane; however, it says "Cable Unplugged". In the Wireless Utility from TPLink, it says "Disconnected!!" in it's Status.
I'll look to see if another driver might fix this, but I'll also want to test the adapter in Windows, or on some other host.
Tried downloading drivers from MediaTek that has unfortunately hosed my hackintosh. Gets to Clover but attempting to boot just eventually yields a black screen w/ a 7 in the upper left corner.
I'll need to see if I can recover it from safe mode or single user.
Ugh, just when I though I was all nicely setup.
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev 6.0) RAM: 32GB DDR3 GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce GT 1030 2GB
SSD: ADATA - Premier Pro SP600 128GB HDD: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB WiFi: N/A BT: N/A LAN: RTL8111
OS: MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 Bootloader: Clover v2.4 r4392