Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: Norton287
Post your adapter name and manufacturer and what it took for you to get it work whether install drivers, worked out of box or you had to install some kexts. We'll add this to the wiki. Also with 10.12.6 you'll need to install the bluetooth drivers from this post: http://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2717
Post Merged
Kinivo BTD-300 Bluetooth 3.0 Low Energy USB adapter worked OOB No problems.
skadush liked this

Advertising

by: AlGrey
CSR8510 A10 Bluetooth 4.0 USB 2.0 Adapter from eBay
Product ID: 0x0001
Vendor ID: 0x0a12 (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.)
Version: 88.91

Works OOB when not using USB fix (GenericUSBXHCI.kext)
Otherwise, this fix did the trick
Code: Select all
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqjescj5d1e151m/Bluetooth%2010.10.5%20Fix.zip?dl=0
Last edited by AlGrey on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Targus ACB10US works out of the box with no need for kext editing or extra kexts
D-Link DBT-120 works out of the box but has a short range and is quite old
Jabra A320S works out of the box but is quite old can find them on ebay or other 3rd party resellers
IOGEAR GBU521 works out of the box on Mountain Lion and up, is relatively new and easy to find on amazon.com
Hi Norton,
I tried editing my config.plist in my EFI/Clover directory after mounting my main MacOS hdd, but after restarting it did not boot properly until I removed the hdd and connected it to my 2nd pc to remove the modification to the config.plist file. Did I edit the wrong file? Is there an adapter I can get that doesn't require all these processes?
Post Merged
Norton287 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:23 pm Targus ACB10US works out of the box with no need for kext editing or extra kexts
D-Link DBT-120 works out of the box but has a short range and is quite old
Jabra A320S works out of the box but is quite old can find them on ebay or other 3rd party resellers
IOGEAR GBU521 works out of the box on Mountain Lion and up, is relatively new and easy to find on amazon.com
Hi Norton,
I tried editing my config.plist in my EFI/Clover directory after mounting my main MacOS hdd, but after restarting it did not boot properly until I removed the hdd and connected it to my 2nd pc to remove the modification to the config.plist file. Did I edit the wrong file? Is there an adapter I can get that doesn't require all these processes?
The listed adapters should work with either their included drivers or out of the box with no changes to config.plist. You will need to install the bluetooth drivers for 10.12.6 that are listed in the Tutorials forum.
by: satelli
Any BT adaptors based on CSR8510 A10 chip are not compatible with Continuity. Features like Handoff, Instant Hotspot, Universal Clipboard are not functional, AirDrop is working however if you manually open AirDrop tab in Finder. It is recommended to buy a Broadcom based BT dongle like ASUS BT400.

To enable Continuity if its not active by default, you could either use Clover Configurator's KextToPatch option, or go with https://github.com/dokterdok/Continuity ... patibility.

Some DIY workshops located in Shenzhen, China are selling PCIe Wi-Fi + BT AIO solutions on Taobao, not sure if they ship internationally. Basically they took left over AirPort Extreme cards from iMacs or MacBooks, put them together with a PCIe adaptor card with custom design. This card definitely works OOB and fully compatible with macOS.
zzmadd liked this
by: zzmadd
I've ordered the ASUS BT400
I'm on High Sierra, hope it works.
Any suggestion on the installation/modification process?
Thanks.
Should work, 10.13 has the broadcombluetooth kext build into IOBluetoothFamily.kext
zzmadd liked this
by: vicgregor
zzmadd wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:01 pm I've ordered the ASUS BT400
I'm on High Sierra, hope it works.
Any suggestion on the installation/modification process?
Thanks.
At least in Sierra it works right out of the box, just plug it in on the system start and works flawlessly. I'm using a magic mouse with my SierraAMD right now :thumbup:
by: zzmadd
It's not that straightforward as it depends on the USB compatibility of the motherboard. The relationship between Kernel and CPU generation etc etc...
The ASRock I had bad USB compatibility so needed modified kexts and eventually lead to reboot after waking the PC from sleep.

My hardware are amd 2600 with rx580,and I cannot r[…]

So i try booting mac os high sierra from the AMDHS[…]

I am sorry I think I made it wrong, it should be […]

Hi guys, last day I have installed 10.14 on 2950x+[…]