Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

I am having an issue where my clock will loose a few second every minute and after a few hours the clock will be off by 5-10 minutes, and the audio has really bad stutters. From what I've been searching around it seems to be a CPU clock issue, thing is I left the CPU clock settings alone no over clocking or anything. I found one suggestion which was to enable Apple RTC in Kernel and Kext Patches in Clover but no go. Not really sure what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly be appreciated. Had to use V4 install because V5 install wouldn't even boot up.

- Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3
- Ryzen R7 1700
- Nvidia 1070

Advertising

Replace the kernel with the one attached into System/Library/Kernels then run the commands below. Wait till the last one is completed before rebooting!
Code: Select all
sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
sudo kextcache -u /
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
butteredmuffins liked this
Shaneee wrote:Replace the kernel with the one attached into System/Library/Kernels then run the commands below. Wait till the last one is completed before rebooting!
sudo kextcache -u /
Thanks Shaneee! Unfortunately that did not work :( I tried one more time for good measure and didn't work. I made sure I isolated the sound issue by purchasing a USB sound card and that stuttering is still there along with the unsynced time. Do you think I'd have to manually set the CPU clock speeds in Clover?
Post Merged
So oddly enough... After overclocking my CPU it has helped the problem significantly. I'm at 3.3ghz going to try to push it to 3.5ghz and see how much that helps. This is bizarre...
butteredmuffins wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:40 am I am having an issue where my clock will loose a few second every minute and after a few hours the clock will be off by 5-10 minutes, and the audio has really bad stutters. From what I've been searching around it seems to be a CPU clock issue, thing is I left the CPU clock settings alone no over clocking or anything. I found one suggestion which was to enable Apple RTC in Kernel and Kext Patches in Clover but no go. Not really sure what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly be appreciated. Had to use V4 install because V5 install wouldn't even boot up.

- Ryzen R7 1700
- Nvidia 1070
Are you still having the sync issues? If so link me a copy of your config.plist. Ill see what i can do to help..:)
tikizondo94 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:45 am
butteredmuffins wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:40 am I am having an issue where my clock will loose a few second every minute and after a few hours the clock will be off by 5-10 minutes, and the audio has really bad stutters. From what I've been searching around it seems to be a CPU clock issue, thing is I left the CPU clock settings alone no over clocking or anything. I found one suggestion which was to enable Apple RTC in Kernel and Kext Patches in Clover but no go. Not really sure what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly be appreciated. Had to use V4 install because V5 install wouldn't even boot up.

- Ryzen R7 1700
- Nvidia 1070
Are you still having the sync issues? If so link me a copy of your config.plist. Ill see what i can do to help..:)
Sure am! I really appreciate you taking the time to do this, here's a link! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B799qX ... sp=sharing
Shaneee wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:59 am Replace the kernel with the one attached into System/Library/Kernels then run the commands below. Wait till the last one is completed before rebooting!
sudo kextcache -u /
Which are the changes in that kernel? Can i use it?
Give this one a shot. I made small edits but it may help with your timer issues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
butteredmuffins, VQey liked this
butteredmuffins wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:11 am
tikizondo94 wrote:Give this one a shot. I made small edits but it may help with your timer issues.
You are a god send :D that fixed all my major issues, thank you so much! I'm writing up a little guide with my build :)
Glad I could help:) Anytime
butteredmuffins liked this
tikizondo94 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:35 pm Give this one a shot. I made small edits but it may help with your timer issues.
I'm suffering same issue.
How can I fix it?
Where did you editing in config.plist?

I have the same issue with my 57800 and sleep/wake[…]

I have the same HW. I have an USB Keyboard and a U[…]

I wanna your efi,and try it.Would u like to send t[…]

I need your advice

High Sierra. The GPU is holding you back.