Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: ObsidianX
Hey again, folks!

I've successfully installed SierraAMD 4.5 and have a functioning Clover boot loader but I'm now stuck trying to get the nVidia Web Drivers to load with my GTX 1060 3GB. I downloaded the nVidia Web Driver Updater and installed the latest version for 10.12.6 (378.05.05.25f01) and have tried the following combinations:
  • NvidiaWeb = True
  • NvidiaWeb = True, nvda_drv=1
  • NvidiaWeb = True, nvda_drv=1, NVEnabler.kext installed
With NVEnabler installed I do get a bit closer with System Info reporting an "Unknown nVidia card" with ~3GB of VRAM but still no acceleration. Is there any additional patching that I need for a 1060?
Post Merged
Never mind! I got it resolved.

I'm not sure which part solved the problem but I installed Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup, enabled Nvidia Inject in Clover, downloaded the ROM for my graphics card and loaded up into Clover by placing it at /EFI/CLOVER/ROM/10de_1c02.rom, overriding the memory settings via Clover to the correct amount and installing the EmuVariableUefi.efi driver in Clover to ensure "nvda_drv=1" was being passed to the web driver.

Now I've got dual monitors running at 1920x1080 each with hardware acceleration!
Shaneee liked this

Advertising

by: gremp
Hello,
From where did you download the ROM for your graphics card?
by: Shaneee
@gremp, Most likely from here,
Code: Select all
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/
by: mich8511
Hello
I can not activate full hardware acceleration. My card viedeo is a MSI GTX1060 6gb. It is really frustrating.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]