Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 7.51.53 PM.png
Build
IMG_1190.jpg
Case: NZXT H200i
Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Be Silent! Dark Rock Pro 4
GPU: Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT 8G (Reference)
Memory: HyperX Fury 32 GB 3200 - Dual-Kit
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO - 500GB
Bluetooth: None
Wifi: None
Power Supply: FSP HydroG 80Plus Gold 750W
Monitor: Acer Nitro XV272U

MacOS: 10.15.3
OpenCore: 0.5.4
BIOS: F11

Benchmark
Spoiler:
Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 7.50.18 PM.png
Spoiler:
Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 8.51.37 PM.png

Kexts
- Lilu.kext
- AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
- WhateverGreen.kext
- VirtualMC.kext
- AppleALC.kext
- SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext(Intel ethernet)

SMBIOS
iMacPro1,1

Drivers
- ApfsDriverLoader.efi
- FwRuntimeServices.efi
- VirtualSmc.efi
- XhciDxe.efi
- VBoxHfs.efi

Working:
Audio
GPU
LAN
Shutdown
USB Power
Reboot

Not tested:
Hibernate

Not working:
Wifi - It's an Intel chip
Bluetooth - t's an Intel chip
GPU Temperatures can't be measured by any tool.

So far I'm very pleased with the result, especially because updates work without any issues! :thumbup:

I'd like to take the opportunity and thank AMD-OSX and everyone here for their contribution. :clap: Setting things up was relatively easy thanks to all the posts here, the Vanilla Desktop Guide and the following two tutorials:

Snazzy Labs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_QPLl81GrY&t=876s

TechTunerLife: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGWJhSQZWZw

Next on the list:
1. Considering to try out the AGPM Injector.kext
2. Find out why the OC Bootloader displays my Windows installation (on a separate NVME drive) as Windows BOOTCAMP (any thoughts :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MadMax1998 liked this

Advertising

Next on the list:
1. Considering to try out the AGPM Injector.kext
2. Find out why the OC Bootloader displays my Windows installation (on a separate NVME drive) as Windows BOOTCAMP (any thoughts
What does 1) accomplish?
2) happens because OpenCore boots your system like a real Mac. That means booting Windows from OpenCore is like booting Windows on a real Mac, i.e. through Bootcamp. I would advise NOT to boot Windows from OpenCore because the ACPI patches will be applied to Windows too, which can mess up your Device Manager. Use a boot manager like rEFInd in conjunction with OpenCore to boot Windows natively and only macOS through OpenCore.

Did you use any SSDTs or USB kexts? I keep seeing these everywhere but my X570 mobo has always worked OOB without any USB patching. Seems like yours does too.

EDIT: a followup question regarding some systems (mine included) freezing up after idling for a while: does this happen to yours too? And if so, do you use the macOS photo library?
MadMax1998 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:11 pm
What does 1) accomplish?
2) happens because OpenCore boots your system like a real Mac. That means booting Windows from OpenCore is like booting Windows on a real Mac, i.e. through Bootcamp. I would advise NOT to boot Windows from OpenCore because the ACPI patches will be applied to Windows too, which can mess up your Device Manager. Use a boot manager like rEFInd in conjunction with OpenCore to boot Windows natively and only macOS through OpenCore.

Did you use any SSDTs or USB kexts? I keep seeing these everywhere but my X570 mobo has always worked OOB without any USB patching. Seems like yours does too.

EDIT: a followup question regarding some systems (mine included) freezing up after idling for a while: does this happen to yours too? And if so, do you use the macOS photo library?
Regarding 1) I was thinking that it might increase my gpu performance further. I still have to do a little more research about it though.

2) Thanks for your answer regarding the Windows boot! I actually saw that the HWinfo tool and Geekbench would show my system as Acidanthera Mac :D pressing F12 during boot and choose my Windows 10 drive. That way Windows boots up without OC interfering.

I did not use any USB kexts and my mobo thankfully works OOB without any patching. :thumbup:

So far there haven't been any freezes and I left the system idling for quite some time. I will keep observing though and post a reply if anything changes.
Post Merged
@chatman, when are the system freezes happening? One thing I did noticed is that the official OC Vanilla Guide recommends to enable above 4G (under troubleshooting), but that will prevent my system from booting.

I attached my EFI Folder for your reference. However, I deleted my serial, MLB and SystemUUID. You will have to create new ones for yourself and enter them into the config.plist.

As for the SSDT and DSDT files, you should also create them yourself as they are system specific. Simply follow the video here: https://youtu.be/l_QPLl81GrY?t=690 it literally takes 2 min :thumbup: once created, place all the files in the ACPI folder.

Finally, you should copy ALL the files inside of the main folder and paste them onto your EFI drive. To reveal the hidden files in the folder, select the "view" tab, and then select "Hidden Items" (see attached image).

Hope that helps :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MadMax1998 liked this
Thanks to your ProductName I can now shutdown! But for some reason shutdown from the desktop always reboots, but shutdown from the login screen always works. Does it work for you in both cases?

@CaseySJ Is there any chance that we will ever get[…]

Intel vs Amd, please advice.

Hi guys, Probably this question has been asked al[…]

I booted into windows for that, For wifi on Ma[…]

I'm using the same MB For the network i'm using […]