Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Hey guys just got a successful install on my build:
BUILD

ASROCK X570 Phantom Gaming 4 (For some reason labeled asAcidanthera Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94)
Ryzen 9 3900X
Radeon 5700XT
8GB x 4 Team T-Force 3200 Mhz @ 1.35v
Samsung T5 500GB SSD (Moving to Crucial m2 NVME later)

WHAT WORKS

All booting options
[?] Audio Output Bluetooth devices (only tested with amazon echo and Powerbeats pro) w/ very rare sputters if any
[?] Playing Youtube videos
Ethernet
Graphics - 1080p @ 75 Hz on 75Hz monitor
[?] CPU Fans (I think they stay at one speed)
[?] GPU Fans (kicked on for a few seconds in Cinebench)
[?] Most USB ports, haven't tested any outside of ones connecting mouse, keyboard, ssd, and 2 on the front of my case
All iServices (FaceTime video not tested)
All apps that I use on a regular basis (Microsoft, Xcode, Simplenote and few benchmark applications)
Allowed updating my iPhone to latest version through front USB port (took a little while though)
Cloning of drive to another (took about 15 min saw speeds of 99 MB/s+) from front USB

WHAT DOESN'T WORK

[?] Hardware Sensors (GPU / CPU - Temps, Freq, and any other relevant info to knowing status of hardware)
[?] Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 (pretty sure all intel adapters not supported, still not sure why bluetooth works)
[?] Videos from App Store previews / Netflix / iMessage attachments
Airdrop - because of incompatible wifi card
[?] Control for CPU / GPU
[?] Sleep - Disabled sleep drive in Setting > Energy Saver and installed Amphetamine to stop drive sleep by causing it to write small files every 200 seconds (not sure if I can increase the time w/o kernel panic yet) (kernel panic linked in attachments)
If you have any recommendations for anything else I should check the status of, let me know and I'll update the description as I continue on fixing.

BENCHMARK SCORES (are these bad scores?)

Geekbench OpenCL - 38112
Geekbench Metal Score - 49331
Geekbench [Single-Core / Multi-Core] - [1306 / 11664]
Cinebench R20 [Single-Core / Multi-Core] - [513 / 7358]

KEXTS AND DRIVERS INCLUDED IN ATTACHMENTS

RESOURCES

AMD Discord (Thank you beautiful souls) : https://discord.gg/EfCYAJW
Followed a mix of snazzy labs (Thanks Snazzy) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_QPLl81GrY
OpenCore Install guide (Thanks Khronokernel) : https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/openc ... top-guide/

NOTES
Please be sure to give back to this community by creating and updating your own success stories so the community continues to thrive and allow people who need help to not give up! Everyone has their own reason for wanting to pursue this install on nontraditional hardware so be patient and help others along the way.

All recommendations for helping my build are welcomed! (definitely needed)

UPDATE LOG

[Feb. 1st] - Fixed Videos not shown in Appstore, Preview, AppleTV+, Netflix in Safari, and iMessage Attachments : Added boot arg shikigva=80 to beginning of boot arg.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 8.31.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 8.31.50 PM.png (25.81 KiB) Viewed 379 times
Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 8.41.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 8.41.39 PM.png (59.35 KiB) Viewed 380 times
Last edited by bsniped on Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertising

I get the same kernel panic from my 3950X/Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master combination. I don't think anyone has figured out why yet. I have been watching the issue for a while.
Do you usually just shut your PC down when not in use then? I like to keep it on and teamviewer to it from my laptop to make use of iServices and any other mac related software while i'm away on the go but I'm not sure of the stress its putting on the CPU or other hardware since I haven't nailed down how to get them to show up on HWmonitor2.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]