Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Hi,

Got my AMD gaming rig working on MacOS 10.15.2 with OpenCore 0.5.4.

What's working ?
- Pretty much everything is working, sleep / hibernate work for a few hours. I will try to wake from sleep after a full night to be sure.

Tbh, i'm impressed by the simplicity of configuring a Ryzentosh. Everything just worked fine. Took me approx. 2-3 hours to configure everything properly.

What's not working ?
- iMessage
- AirDrop (no WiFi Card)

Build :
- https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PDXjJb

OpenCore :
Spoiler:
Code: Select all
├── EFI
│   ├── BOOT
│   │   └── BOOTx64.efi
│   └── OC
│       ├── ACPI
│       │   ├── SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml
│       │   └── SSDT-EC.aml
│       ├── Drivers
│       │   ├── ApfsDriverLoader.efi
│       │   ├── FwRuntimeServices.efi
│       │   └── VBoxHfs.efi
│       ├── Kexts
│       │   ├── AppleALC.kext
│       │   ├── Lilu.kext
│       │   ├── NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
│       │   ├── RealtekRTL8111.kext
│       │   ├── VirtualSMC.kext
│       │   └── WhateverGreen.kext
│       ├── OpenCore.efi
│       ├── Tools
│       │   └── Shell.efi
│       └── config.plist
└── boot
Config.plist (Serials wiped)
- It is available on my github : https://github.com/gillesdubois/LouxarenRyzenToshConfig
Note : Provided Plist have OC Debug enabled

Regards,
Louxaren
badbrain liked this

Advertising

@louxaren, hey! Nicely done! Mic is not working aswell since applealc doesn't support mic on ryzen, right? Would you mind to share SDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml, SSDT-EC.aml files? I have the same MB but having trouble making my own versions of these since MaciASL does not seem to show correct (complete) DSDT and i am kind of stuck with that. Also waiting for update about sleep/wake. My several config attempts were different: when you put it to sleep it does, powers off drives and collers etc, it does wake up when you need, however sometimes it wakes up by itself overnight. Still can't figure out what it depends on.
Hi,

Sorry i just saw your reply.

Update :
- Audio / Mic is working as intended. (changed from alcid 1 to 7, dunno why but it worked better)
- Sleep / wake is working well, no problems with this feature.
- Updated to 10.15.3 without any issue

You will find my aml files in attachements :)

Regards,
Louxaren
Attachments
(749 Bytes) Downloaded 41 times
Hi, did you do anything specific to get sleep/wake to work? I have a Ryzen 2600x on Aorus B450 i Pro Wifi ITX. The monitor sleeps but will not wake up but the pc does not sleep and the fans start to blow crazy. I have to hard restart the machine to get it up again. How did you create the SSDT files? I used SSDTTime and just copied the aml files into ACPI.
Hi, I tried to download your config.plist but when I run GenSMBIOS.command it in get a message "Plist file malformed: Incorrect padding". I would like to try your config.plist on my Aorus B450 i Pro Wifi and Ryzen 2700x. I have big problems with sleep. Are the files in ACPI all created with SSDTTime.bat ? I don't really understand the aml files. Can I also use Hackintool to create my own USB mapping? So what files will I have in ACPI?
louxaren wrote:Hi,
- Audio / Mic is working as intended. (changed from alcid 1 to 7, dunno why but it worked better)
Apparently our motherboards are not that similar despite being same model: was messing around with your config and my system wont boot with it. Even AppleALC with layout 7 simply does not work on my system :D
Some more tinkering to go here!
Cheers

Edit: i am a bit confused, opencore guide says that Mic does not supported with 16/17 ryzen on appleALC, but you got this working, however i tested every layout and can't get Mic to work. What is the name of input device you have? Internal Microphone?
xbsd wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:22 am @asle I have the same moard and cpu, I can't get it to boot, what are the bios settings I should disable or enable, also I get a pic vault error, thank you in advance.
Nothing special. All Default, then I just turned off all safe and fast boot, enabled XMP profile 1, Everything else was ok, Handoff was on, turned off Above 4k decoding. What do you mean it does not boot? You mean OS X?
Post Merged
Arthur Alexeev wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:23 am
louxaren wrote:Hi,
Apparently our motherboards are not that similar despite being same model: was messing around with your config and my system wont boot with it. Even AppleALC with layout 7 simply does not work on my system :D
Some more tinkering to go here!
Cheers

Edit: i am a bit confused, opencore guide says that Mic does not supported with 16/17 ryzen on appleALC, but you got this working, however i tested every layout and can't get Mic to work. What is the name of input device you have? Internal Microphone?
Definitely not working with internal microphone. I have Ryzen 3600 on a Aorus B450i Pro Wifi. Tried all layout numbers. Have to use USB microphone. But after I set Layout = 7 I can now at least SEE in System Prefs -> Sound In --> Microphone and Line Input but no microphones I have tested work. I will test another microphone and let you know if it works but I doubt it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]