Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
After many days of trial and error I was successfully able to install Catalina 10.15.2 on a fresh AMD Ryzen system with a 5700XT. I have taken these past couple of days and created a pretty detailed guide that goes over my hardware and the steps I followed to get my system up and running. Within the guide you will also find my EFI folder. That way if you have a similar system you can try it out for yourself. This guide assumes you have an extra drive dedicated for MacOS and will be dual booting. Partitioning one drive for two systems is not recommended and is something you will have to do before following this guide. Please take the time to read it and leave any feedback you may have! It is still somewhat of a rough draft as the holidays have been busy and I have been busy. I will update the guide ASAP with pictures, more benchmarks (if you have any recommendations, please let me know!), code snippets, and any optimizations I find.

My Guide: https://github.com/CoKelly-Projects/ModernHackintosh

Thank you! :thumbup:
v.osypets, fozteh, pulsar7377 and 3 others liked this

Advertising

Perhaps loan me your hardware and Ill work on it 8-) :twisted:

Seriously 3950Xs are like hen's teeth around here, very nice build. What glitches exactly are you having?
BentonH wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:04 pm Thank you for the very excellent guide, it helped my very similar system get up and running!
The main differences between our systems are that I run a 3950x and a Radeon VII.

I am having some graphics issues, having very glitchy graphics. Would you by any chance know if I overlooked anything?
It may be an SMBIOS issue. I know when people were having graphic issues like that with the 5700XT, switching to iMacPro1,1 fixed a lot of it. You may have to switch to one better suited for your system. I’m glad I was able to help! :thumbup:
xJetSetLifex wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:41 am
BentonH wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:04 pm Thank you for the very excellent guide, it helped my very similar system get up and running!
The main differences between our systems are that I run a 3950x and a Radeon VII.

I am having some graphics issues, having very glitchy graphics. Would you by any chance know if I overlooked anything?
It may be an SMBIOS issue. I know when people were having graphic issues like that with the 5700XT, switching to iMacPro1,1 fixed a lot of it. You may have to switch to one better suited for your system. I’m glad I was able to help! :thumbup:
Turns out it was because the PCI slot the card was in was set to PCI gen 4 instead of PCI gen 3 in the BIOS
fozteh liked this
Great guide!! Thank you for putting this together Great job!!

If I may, in the first boot section where you say
"It is crucial you select "2" and then "ENTER" rather quickly when the options show up. This will select to install MacOS.
Option 1 is to bootcamp Windows. If this gets selected it will create a copy of your Windows drive which may prevent you from getting into your bios. This can be fixed by clearing your CMOS (check your Motherboard manual on how to do so!)."

you can disable in the config.plist the timeout by changing the value to 0 so you don't have to rush to press 2 ;)
in your EFI the timeout is at 5

the option is in Misc/Boot/Timeout
pulsar7377 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:37 am Great guide!! Thank you for putting this together Great job!!

If I may, in the first boot section where you say
"It is crucial you select "2" and then "ENTER" rather quickly when the options show up. This will select to install MacOS.
Option 1 is to bootcamp Windows. If this gets selected it will create a copy of your Windows drive which may prevent you from getting into your bios. This can be fixed by clearing your CMOS (check your Motherboard manual on how to do so!)."

you can disable in the config.plist the timeout by changing the value to 0 so you don't have to rush to press 2 ;)
in your EFI the timeout is at 5

the option is in Misc/Boot/Timeout
This was updated and you were credited. Thank you!
Excellent Guide!
I´ll follow your Guide with buying the same components except Ryzen 3700x (i want the Ryzen 3900X...for Music Production). I´m thinking that isn´t a problem with your guide when i switch to the 3900X? It´ll take some weeks till i have the money for all components, case, power supply, graficcard, memory, etc.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]