Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Today I applied the supplemental 10.15.4 update along with @iGPU OpenCore EFI (w/ personal modifications) and had no real issues. However, prior to using iGPU's EFI auto boot worked fine. I'm not sure if I foobar'd my config or not, but everything else works amazingly. I appreciate everyones work and documentation on this platform(you know who you are and we do too)! This is by far my best hackintosh ever. :thumbup:
amdpush liked this

Advertising

Hi All!! So first post (aside form my introduction one), have to say this is an amazing forum and has helped me a lot, but I hit a barrier were I need some hep, I cant seem to make TB on my ASRock Creator to work, I just want the basic thing of having a hard rive mounting, I don't cera is not Hot-plug (I understand that no one has managed that) but im failing to get to even recognize, so any advice would be awesome, I read all the post on this thread an tried my best, but clearly I'm missing something, I tried using the EFI shared here to mix results but never a good one (some times booting was successful but never stable, and never TB) so I decided to just try to add the TB pieces to mine but never managed to make it work... so any advice would be appreciated (im uploading my EFI here so anyone feel free to use it an play around)

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/AAAAAM ... WP6dw5_lD8
I am also desperate to get TB3 working because of Universal Audio Apollo interface running on TB. Hope that this will get solved somehow on the AsRock X570 Creator. If I can support the developers somehow then let me know PM.
deliad wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:10 am I think they gave up on this
Yeah unless we get flooded with posts from @CaseySJ and @iGPU we'll just have to stick with the partial TB3 support on the X570 Creator and hope someone has a brilliant solution in the works for a later day. We should take what information we have from this thread and try to expand this to other upcoming AMD TB3 mobos (e. g. Gigabyte X570 Rev1.1, Gigabyte TRX40 and X670/B550?).
Until then I wish all of the people with the X570 Creator good luck with their TB3 on OS X and hopefully we can revisit this topic when the time is right!
agent2 wrote:
deliad wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:10 am I think they gave up on this
Yeah unless we get flooded with posts from @CaseySJ and @iGPU we'll just have to stick with the partial TB3 support on the X570 Creator and hope someone has a brilliant solution in the works for a later day. We should take what information we have from this thread and try to expand this to other upcoming AMD TB3 mobos (e. g. Gigabyte X570 Rev1.1, Gigabyte TRX40 and X670/B550?).
Until then I wish all of the people with the X570 Creator good luck with their TB3 on OS X and hopefully we can revisit this topic when the time is right!
I've been quiet because I was trying to get substitute chips working... but I only succeeded in frying the TB section.

Before I substituted the TB chip, I was getting good response from add-on Alpine Ridge and Titan Ridge PCIe cards. After I did the substitution, even these add-on cards didn't work well (I think because I over-heated the mobo during chip exchange; mea culpa). In fact, the TR wouldn't work at all.

My recommendations for TB would be to use an Alpine Ridge, which I thought behaved better than the Titan Ridge, on the X570 Creator. You will need to flash the blue marked chip on either of these 2 cards (following CaseySJ's 'other thread'; each card has its own firmware to flash). The flashing is too involved to discuss here unless CaseySJ wants to provide assistance. Once the chip on the PCIe card is flashed, then an SSDT needs to be used. These too are available on the 'other thread' with only minimal changes needed to adapt to the X570 mobo.

One glaring issue with all X570 mobos is the lane-sharing that goes on between the M.2 slots and the PCIe slots. (On Intel, it is the SSD slots that interact with the M.2 slots, which is not so troublesome.) This means that if you want to place the TB card in slot 6 (large slot near board edge) you cannot have an adjacent M.2 drive installed. This and more has been previously discussed and is not restricted to ASRock or this mobo but all X570 mobos (it relates to the X570 chip itself).

Since I fried the Creator mobo (well parts of it), and still had the whole build, I transferred all the parts to a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master. I few hours of tweaking and the EFI from this mobo were working just fine on that mobo. This mobo (at least v1.1) has a TB header, so a flashed Titan Ridge card works perfectly (but only in slot 5/6–––larges at edge) with no M.2 SSD present next to this slot.

So moving forward, I can no longer test or verify any further changes on this X570 Creator mobo.

However, based on the EFIs being very similar, I should be able to do one or two more updates to the OpenCore components on the GitHub site. I should be able to post those changes either later tonight or tomorrow, bringing it up to early v058.

One comment I'll make regarding the many questions about poor sleep or jittery mouse movements that I've received.

On the Intel side, it has become apparent that the WEG kext file, when combined with a Radeon VII or Radeon 5700XT (and maybe other 5x00 too?), will have this problem. So the problem is unique to these combinations of WEG and graphics cards (not a problem with Vega 56/64 or R580, etc).

The solution is to remove/disable WEG. Everything will function as usual (although you might notice some pink/purple lines at the top of the screen during the Apple boot logo: but only a cosmetic glitch). A slight adjustment might be needed for the SSDT file, but I think it will be okay as is.
iGPU wrote:The solution is to remove/disable WEG. Everything will function as usual (although you might notice some pink/purple lines at the top of the screen during the Apple boot logo: but only a cosmetic glitch). A slight adjustment might be needed for the SSDT file, but I think it will be okay as is.
So WhatEverGreen is not needed for the 5700XT?

is Lilu still needed?

I have heard in some tutorials (Technoli, for example ) that he installs Catalina using a different graphics card and then once everything is up and running he just substates the 5700XT in the build and everything sis working fine. That is not an option for me unfortunately.
Galve2000 wrote:
iGPU wrote:The solution is to remove/disable WEG. Everything will function as usual (although you might notice some pink/purple lines at the top of the screen during the Apple boot logo: but only a cosmetic glitch). A slight adjustment might be needed for the SSDT file, but I think it will be okay as is.
So WhatEverGreen is not needed for the 5700XT?

is Lilu still needed?

I have heard in some tutorials (Technoli, for example ) that he installs Catalina using a different graphics card and then once everything is up and running he just substates the 5700XT in the build and everything sis working fine. That is not an option for me unfortunately.
I used lilu but configured and built with 5700xt all they way through on both my b450 builds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]