Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
#55945
iGPU wrote:On the GB-Titan Ridge, as you noted, the connection is not automatic, but requires un-plug/re-plug to activate it.
I didn't say that and it's not what I get.
••• Do you have an option "Thunderbolt PCIe" "Enable/Disable" option in the ASRock X570 Cr BIOS ? It's not located in the thunderbolt menu but at the same level in IO Ports menu.
I had to enable that to get devices detected on cold boot. But that was before I flashed. I'll have to try again and post back the result.

My LaCie Big5 Tb2 is for now the only device that doesn't work but it is detected.

I seem to have hot-plug only with Tb3 devices any adapted device either doesn't work or needs a reboot
Though with Tb3 I can add a few devices working (also with hot-plug).
• MacBookPro in target-mode : Internal HD mount + Tb logo on the MacBook. (hot-plug)
• Thunderbolt Network (though my two ports shows as separate ports instead of a Thunderbolt Bridge (hot-plug).

I'm wondering if the Tb3 <-> Tb2/1 Apple adapter doesn't need a SSDT of his own ?
Post Merged
Here is the iperf3 for Thunderbolt Network between Ryzen & MacBookPro :
iperf3 -c 192.168.2.6
Connecting to host 192.168.2.6, port 5201
[ 5] local 192.168.2.8 port 49524 connected to 192.168.2.6 port 5201
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate
[ 5] 0.00-1.00 sec 1.65 GBytes 14.2 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 1.00-2.00 sec 1.75 GBytes 15.0 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 2.00-3.00 sec 1.81 GBytes 15.6 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 3.00-4.00 sec 1.82 GBytes 15.6 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 4.00-5.00 sec 1.80 GBytes 15.5 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 5.00-6.00 sec 1.55 GBytes 13.3 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 6.00-7.00 sec 1.58 GBytes 13.6 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 7.00-8.00 sec 1.75 GBytes 15.0 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 8.00-9.00 sec 1.75 GBytes 15.0 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 9.00-10.00 sec 1.42 GBytes 12.2 Gbits/sec
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate
[ 5] 0.00-10.00 sec 16.9 GBytes 14.5 Gbits/sec sender
[ 5] 0.00-10.00 sec 16.9 GBytes 14.5 Gbits/sec receiver

Not bad eh ? Of course the MacBookPro has to be stupidly close to the Hackintosh due to the lengh of those standard 0,5m Tb3 cables...

### EDIT ###

That made me think about trying with two Apple Adapters and a Tb2 cable in between. Well that works to (hotplug) !
Though the speed gets to regular 10GBe :
iperf3 -c 192.168.2.6
Connecting to host 192.168.2.6, port 5201
[ 5] local 192.168.2.8 port 49548 connected to 192.168.2.6 port 5201
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate
[ 5] 0.00-1.00 sec 1.12 GBytes 9.61 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 1.00-2.00 sec 1.13 GBytes 9.70 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 2.00-3.00 sec 1.13 GBytes 9.69 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 3.00-4.00 sec 1.13 GBytes 9.69 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 4.00-5.00 sec 1.12 GBytes 9.59 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 5.00-6.00 sec 1.10 GBytes 9.42 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 6.00-7.00 sec 1.10 GBytes 9.43 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 7.00-8.00 sec 1.11 GBytes 9.52 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 8.00-9.00 sec 1.11 GBytes 9.56 Gbits/sec
[ 5] 9.00-10.00 sec 1.11 GBytes 9.52 Gbits/sec
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate
[ 5] 0.00-10.00 sec 11.1 GBytes 9.57 Gbits/sec sender
[ 5] 0.00-10.00 sec 11.1 GBytes 9.57 Gbits/sec receiver

So I guess the Apple Dongle are not responsible for what remains to be fixed.

 Advertising

#55960
PM974 wrote: ••• Do you have an option "Thunderbolt PCIe" "Enable/Disable" option in the ASRock X570 Cr BIOS ? It's not located in the thunderbolt menu but at the same level in IO Ports menu.
I had to enable that to get devices detected on cold boot. But that was before I flashed. I'll have to try again and post back the result.

My LaCie Big5 Tb2 is for now the only device that doesn't work but it is detected.

I seem to have hot-plug only with Tb3 devices any adapted device either doesn't work or needs a reboot
Though with Tb3 I can add a few devices working (also with hot-plug).
• MacBookPro in target-mode : Internal HD mount + Tb logo on the MacBook. (hot-plug)
• Thunderbolt Network (though my two ports shows as separate ports instead of a Thunderbolt Bridge (hot-plug).

Connecting to host 192.168.2.6, port 5201

So I guess the Apple Dongle are not responsible for what remains to be fixed.
I had to look at your mobo to get the answer. Your GB board has a TB header, this is why you have a submenu for TB. On the ASR X570 Cr, there are only 2 entries relating to TB: enabled/disabled and Security.

At this point, I cannot get the TR to work any longer on my mobo. The Alpine Ridge works very well on it.

The speeds you're getting look really good. It would seem that your mobo may be the more flexible for getting good TB behavior, unless we can successfully flash the mobo chip on the ASRock boards.

I am waiting for some replacement chips and I'll try another exchange after a flashing a new chip.
#55963
Your GB board has a TB header, this is why you have a submenu for TB.
No it does not. Gigabyte took it off just before releasing the board. Picture you are watching are from pre-release version. It has 4 unsoldered pins where the header could have been : https://forum.level1techs.com/t/x570-ao ... /144835/20

### EDIT ###
I have the answer regarding the "Pcie Tbt Support" "Enabled" option in my BIOS, it is in fact needed, without it I don't get anything ! Not on cold-boot, not re-plugin, nothing. This option's name is misleading as it seems to concerns PCIe support over thunderbolt and not Thunderbolt support over PCIe (card support ;-). When disabled I loose any Tb devices in system but everything is still present in BIOS and in System Informations...

Hope it helps you understand what's going on with yours.
Post Merged
Here is what the location for TB header looks like... Image
#55978
agent2 wrote:@PM974 why do you think Gigabyte removed the TB header on the Extreme? Were they not allowed to or was it cost? I hope they put it back on with a future revision.
From the forum I posted in my last post they talked about Intel not giving permission to Gigabyte to advertise the motherboard as Thunderbolt compilant forting them to remove the header, but it's just an opinion, maybe Gigabyte thought they didn't need the header with NVM/BIOS combinaison.
The fact that it still has support is unofficial (except on CG-Titan Ridge official support page that states X570 as compatible with CG-Titan Ridge firmware update (indeed installing NVM40 from windows and latest mobo BIOS worked on windows). With NVM23-EFr I lost Tb in Windows, but I don't use Windows it was just there for testing purposes.
It's not rare for manufacturers to change a product here and there before launching on the market.
#55981
Hi. Just to let you know, I commented on the forum linked to in your previous reply that a Gigabyte representative has confirmed that the version 1.1 X570 motherboards will have the TB header and will support TB.
The GB Titan Ridge page clearly states that version 1.1 not version 1.0 motherboards will support TB3.
I was informed that the version 1.1 should be released in March, but they haven’t materialised yet possibly due to the slowdown of the factories caused by COVID-19.
CaseySJ liked this
#55982
PM974 wrote:
agent2 wrote:@PM974 why do you think Gigabyte removed the TB header on the Extreme? Were they not allowed to or was it cost? I hope they put it back on with a future revision.
From the forum I posted in my last post they talked about Intel not giving permission to Gigabyte to advertise the motherboard as Thunderbolt compilant forting them to remove the header, but it's just an opinion, maybe Gigabyte thought they didn't need the header with NVM/BIOS combinaison.
The fact that it still has support is unofficial (except on CG-Titan Ridge official support page that states X570 as compatible with CG-Titan Ridge firmware update (indeed installing NVM40 from windows and latest mobo BIOS worked on windows). With NVM23-EFr I lost Tb in Windows, but I don't use Windows it was just there for testing purposes.
It's not rare for manufacturers to change a product here and there before launching on the market.


Yeah I only noticed that just before.
But I read at the end of the thread you posted that Gigabyte is shipping Rev. 1.1 boards at the end of the month. I checked their website and sure enough they list with the new 1.1 boards Titan Ridge AIC support. So yaay for the Hackintosh community! It looks like that the X570 Aorus Xtreme/Master/Ultra/Pro/Pro Wi-Fi are all gaining support with Rev. 1.1! That means we finally have an alternative to ASRock X570 mobos. Hopefully we can test that soon and have TB3 working fully there! :clap:
As a side-note all Gigabyte TRX40 boards also have official TB support and headers so I'm also looking forward to the Threadripper 3000 Ryzentoshes when the awesome community gets it working! :thumbup:
CaseySJ liked this
#55987
Well my board will stay rev1.0 and I still need to get shutdown back.
I loose shutdown when iGPU's Thunderbolt SSDT is loaded. I may need some further help to fix that because I suck at modifying SSDTs of my own... I managed to root SSDT-X570-AQC107 to BYD3 witch fixed 10Gbe instead of 5Gbe) but that's about it...

For exemple I know something is wrong with my USB ports on the thunderbolt card. SSP1 & SSP2 appears twice on two different XHC4 and XHC5 while only SSP2 seems connected. When I connect devices it actually gets attached to XHC2 but in my configuration XHC2 already exists... and it doesn't explains why those USB ports appears on two/three devices at the same time.

In the pictures attached 1 is without USB connected to the Titan Ridge, 2 with one LaCie Rudged USB-C and 3 with two LaCie Rudged USB-C.

EDIT :
It seems my USB config is all mixed up, looking a location ID I see that all my ports appears on 2 XHC... I can understand if someone is willing to teach me ;-)
Attachments
4_all_mixed_up.png
4_all_mixed_up.png (437.68 KiB) Viewed 1032 times
3_two-devices_SSP2-SSP3.png
3_two-devices_SSP2-SSP3.png (409.61 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
2_one device-SSP2.png
2_one device-SSP2.png (404.69 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
1_no-devices.png
1_no-devices.png (395.24 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
#55989
While I'm not the OP of this thread, the discussion of GB mobo is off-topic. I'd recommend starting a new thread as this one is about the ASRock X570 Creator.
#55991
iGPU wrote:While I'm not the OP of this thread, the discussion of GB mobo is off-topic. I'd recommend starting a new thread as this one is about the ASRock X570 Creator.
That's true i'll move this to another topic tomorrow ;-)
  • 1
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]