Although the video itself just casually mentions the Creator's on-board Thunderbolt ports, in the Comments section he states that Thunderbolt not only works, but hot-plug does as well.
This is very surprising if true. My own experience with the same motherboard and same CPU has been very different:
- I was not able to activate on-board Thunderbolt in macOS despite the various settings in BIOS.
- BIOS does not contain an option to Force GPIO3 Power, but ASRock tech support assured me that the firmware does in fact do this by default.
- On the X570 Taichi with the ASRock Thunderbolt 3 Add-in-Card, there is no problem activating Thunderbolt in macOS, but hot-plug fails here as well.
- Has anyone been able to use Thunderbolt ports on the ASRock X570 Creator in macOS?
- If so, are you using OpenCore or Clover? Was is necessary to configure BIOS in some special way? Was it necessary to add an SSDT or an ACPI patch or a kext?
- Finally, if Thunderbolt hot-plug is working for you on any X570 motherboard, then (a) which motherboard, (b) which Thunderbolt card, and (c) what magic did you conjure up to make it work?